The Port of Québec has finished up another successful season with a record number of cruise visitors. This year, the port welcomed 230,940 visitors, a nearly 15 percent increase over the 200,000 that passed through the port in 2017.
The port also saw a record number of ships call in Québec City this year – 156 in total. 14 of those embarked and disembarked at the port. Eight ships made inaugural visits to the city, including Disney Magic in September.
According to a April 2017 study conducted by Business Research & Economic Advisors, the economic impact of the industry is estimated at over $221 million for the province. The economic impact for Québec City is estimated at $106 million, including $73 million in cruise line spending and $30 million in passenger spending.
This month, Québec City received the Best Canada/New England Port Award from Porthole Cruise Magazine as part of its 20th annual Readers’ Choice Awards. In addition to that, the city was named Top-Rated US & Canada Destination by Cruise Critic, and ranked third on the site’s list of the World’s Most Popular Cruise Destinations.
Québec City has a goal of welcoming 400,000 passengers in one cruising season by 2025.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019
- Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
- Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
- Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
- Cruisers Mourn Passing Of Jack’s Shack Pup Topher
- Guy’s Burger Joint Now Serves Breakfast
- Carnival Sends Another Cruise Ship To California
- Nassau Vows To Fight “Very Real Problem” Of Crime
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Virgin Voyages’ First Cruise Ship One Step Closer To Completion
REVIEWS5 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Embarkation Day
REVIEWS3 days ago
Trip Report: Norwegian Sky – Sea Day
CRUISE PODCAST4 days ago
Cruise Podcast: Disney Magic Review 2019 + Free Casino Cruises
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Sky Princess Christened in Fort Lauderdale
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of December 1, 2019