The Port of Québec has finished up another successful season with a record number of cruise visitors. This year, the port welcomed 230,940 visitors, a nearly 15 percent increase over the 200,000 that passed through the port in 2017.
The port also saw a record number of ships call in Québec City this year – 156 in total. 14 of those embarked and disembarked at the port. Eight ships made inaugural visits to the city, including Disney Magic in September.
According to a April 2017 study conducted by Business Research & Economic Advisors, the economic impact of the industry is estimated at over $221 million for the province. The economic impact for Québec City is estimated at $106 million, including $73 million in cruise line spending and $30 million in passenger spending.
This month, Québec City received the Best Canada/New England Port Award from Porthole Cruise Magazine as part of its 20th annual Readers’ Choice Awards. In addition to that, the city was named Top-Rated US & Canada Destination by Cruise Critic, and ranked third on the site’s list of the World’s Most Popular Cruise Destinations.
Québec City has a goal of welcoming 400,000 passengers in one cruising season by 2025.
- U.S. Travel Association, Florida Governor Seek Path To Reopening Travel
- MSC Cruises Announces Two Brand-New Specialty Restaurants
- Watch: Odyssey of the Seas’ Conveyance From Shipyard to Sea [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — March 5, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Holland America and Princess Open Alaska Lodges for Summer 2021
- With U.S. Restart Stalled, Cruise Lines Consider Cozumel As Home Port
- Cruise Line Contest Giving Away Transatlantic Sailing for 2
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — March 4, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Sends Megaship to Texas in 2022
- How The Cruise Industry Has Weathered A Financial Hurricane
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Craving Guy’s Burger Joint? They Now Deliver in 25 States
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean: No Decision Yet On U.S. Vaccination Requirement
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Eclipse Completes Shipyard Refurbishment [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
With U.S. Restart Stalled, Cruise Lines Consider Cozumel As Home Port