Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas is now a movie star!
The Netflix original movie “Like Father” was filmed onboard, starring Kristen Bell, Kelsey Grammer, and Seth Rogan. To celebrate, tomorrow, August 3, the cruise line will host the largest movie premiere at sea by screening the film across their Oasis class ships – Symphony, Harmony, Allure, and Oasis of the Seas.
The showing will take place in the ships’ AquaTheater – the amphitheater onboard that holds two movie screens. Leading up to the movie, guests will be treated to a special event in the Boardwalk neighborhood featuring a live DJ, face painting, yummy treats, and drink specials.
“Like Father” showcases the actors experiencing a lineup of activities and amenities that Royal Caribbean is known for, including Boleros, The Perfect Storm, FlowRider, Royal Promenade, Rising Tide Bar, and the line’s private destination in Haiti – Labadee – where they braved the world’s longest overwater zip line.
The film features Kristen Bell as a young workaholic who was left at the altar on her wedding day, and unexpectedly ends up on her Caribbean honeymoon cruise with her estranged father, played by Kelsey Grammer. After several adventures and a lot of soul-searching, the two return with a renewed appreciation for family and life. The film launches globally on Netflix tomorrow.
Photos: Royal Caribbean International
- Viking Cruises Cancels Sailings Through August
- Canada Bans Cruise Ships Through October
- Looking Back: Celebrity Cruises Marks 30th Year in Service
- Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras
- Cruise Podcast: Mariner of the Seas 2020 Review + News
- Mexico Vows to Welcome Cruise Ship Passengers
- Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
- Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
- Cruise Ship Ban in Australia Extended Until September
- Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Fact Check: Cruise Industry Illness and Cleanliness Standards
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Vegas Casinos Give Glimpse of Cruise Line Future
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Line Announces Return To Service For “Quick Getaways”
EDITORIAL2 days ago
Why I’m Breaking My Cruise Rules to Sail Carnival Mardi Gras