According to an SEC filing on Friday morning, Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) has purchased the remaining shares of Silversea Cruises, a pioneer in ultra-luxury and expedition cruising.
What The Cruise Deal Was Worth
This move comes after Royal Caribbean purchased two-thirds of the company’s shares in 2018 for approximately one billion dollars.
The remaining one-third stake held by Heritage Cruise Holding Ltd. was paid for in the form of 5.2 million shares of Royal Caribbean Group common stock, which represents about 2.5% of the total common stock.
“Silversea has been a great fit for our company from the very first day,” said Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Group. “The cultures of the two organizations have proven to be harmonious, and guests have responded favorably to the combination.”
Silversea Cruise Ships
Silversea currently operates a fleet of 10 ships ranging from ocean-going to expedition vessels. Six of the ships are sea-going cruise ships while four falls under the expedition class.
The cruise line also has four cruise ships on order, two being built at Fincantieri and two at Meyer Werft.
Royal Caribbean Changes Name of Parent Company
The cruise company recently changed its name from Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited to Royal Caribbean Group. Along with the name change came a refresh of the logo, maintaining the symbolic anchor that Royal Caribbean is known for.
The six cruise brands under the Royal Caribbean Group umbrella are Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara Club Cruises, Silversea Cruises, TUI Cruises, and Hapag Llyod Cruises.
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter
- Cruise News Briefs — January 14, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
- Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs — January 13, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Extends Pause of Cruises in the US Through March 2021
- Cruise News Briefs — January 12, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Carnival Cruise Director Leaving Ship Life Behind
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival Cruise Line Wants You Excited About Half Moon Cay
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Holland America Releases 2021-2022 Caribbean Cruise Schedule
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Ax Cruises Through April 2021