For the second time in less than 24 hours, another Princess Cruise ship was issued a “no-sail order” by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention while awaiting the results of coronavirus testing.
The latest “no-sail order” was issued for the Caribbean Princess because two crew members currently working aboard the ship were transferred from Grand Princess in late February; that ship is currently under a quarantine off the California coast.
Caribbean Princess is now en route to Grand Cayman to pick up COVID-19 testing kits and will then proceed directly to South Florida.
The ship will be held off the coast until the test results are confirmed negative.
A guest on board posted on social media, “My wife and I are on Caribbean Princess. Just had an announcement that 2 crew came from infected ship 10 and 14 days ago. They are quarantined to single cabins. Planned stop in Grand Cayman cancelled; getting test kits for 2 at Grand Cayman and heading back to [Port Everglades].”
The current cruise departed from Port Everglades on March 1 for a 10-night Panama Canal sailing. Port stops were Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Cartagena, Columbia; Cristobal, Panama; Limon, Costa Rica and a now-defunct stop in Grand Cayman.
On Sunday, the Center for Disease Control issued a no-sail order to Regal Princess for crew testing.
Late Sunday evening the order was lifted and the ship returned back to Port Everglades. The March 8 voyage was cancelled.
Meanwhile on the West Coast, Grand Princess is expected to dock in Oakland, California on Monday.
- Disney Cancels More Sailings, Axes Halloween on the High Seas
- In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
- Fresh Air HVAC System Could Make Cruise Ships Safer
- Cruise Podcast: Sit Down With Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald
- Final Look: Royal Caribbean’s Monarch of the Seas
- Carnival Cruise Line Cancels Sailings Through November 1
- Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More
- Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
- Cruise Podcast: Ship Scrapping Process with Peter Knego
- Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
In Memory of Stormin’ Norm, Everyone’s Favorite Cruiser
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Lines Cancel All Sailings Until November 1
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Inspiration Completes Final Cruise, Awaits Scrapping
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Exec on Return To Sailing, New Ship & More