Silversea Cruises’ Silver Explorer has launched the return of luxury expedition cruising to Antarctica, setting sail from her new homeport of Puerto Williams, Chile on November 10. Silver Cloud joined the ship in Antarctica on November 14, sailing from Punta Arenas, Chile.
“We are proud and excited to be at the forefront of the comeback of ultra-luxury expedition cruising in Antarctica,” says Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President and CEO. “Accompanied by our seasoned team of expedition experts, our guests will not only be in awe of the authentic beauty and unique wildlife of the White Continent, but they will also enjoy the signature distinctions that have made Silversea the leader in luxury expedition cruising.”
For the first time, Silversea’s passengers are discovering Antarctica from Puerto Williams aboard Silver Explorer. DAP Antarctic Airways is providing the cruise line’s guests with private, round-trip flights between Santiago and Puerto Williams.
DAP Antarctic Airways is also the carrier providing the flight component of Antarctica Bridge, Silversea’s new fly-cruise program that provides the fastest, most direct route to Antarctica.
On the ships, several itineraries focus on the pristine wilderness of the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands, while others include visits to South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
Silversea will inaugurate its Antarctica Bridge fly-cruise option on December 11, enabling guests to skip the Drake Passage and fly straight to Antarctica to start their cruise.
Another season highlight, a special Deep South Expedition cruise, will spend 20 days tracing a path beyond the Antarctic Circle, attempting to reach a latitude of 69 degrees south, starting January 27, 2022.
Silversea’s luxury Antarctica cruises include:
- Roundtrip transoceanic flights in economy class (or reduced business class airfare) to Santiago
- A one-night, pre-cruise hotel stay in Santiago
- Domestic flights between Santiago and Puerto Williams/Punta Arenas
- Transfers and luggage handling between airport, hotel, and ship
- All-inclusive voyage, including butler service, gratuities, multiple restaurants and in-suite dining, and premium beverages in-suite and throughout the ship
- Enrichments from a highly-qualified expedition team including lectures and guided land and sea tours
- Expedition gear including a parka, backpack, and water bottle
- A post-cruise day-use hotel stay (with transfers) for those who don’t have a return international flight on the day of disembarkation
- Royal Caribbean Celebrates One Year Since Restart, Reveals Fun Facts
- Cruise News Today — December 8, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Jimmy Buffett Launches Cruise Line, Rebrands Ship [IMAGES]
- Carnival Releases 2021 Christmas Day Dinner Menu
- Carnival Radiance Cruise & Entertainment Directors Announced
- Cruise News Today — December 7, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Virgin Voyages Donates 500 Cabins to Healthcare Providers
- Saying Goodbye to My Dad, Captain Parker
- Passport Card vs. Book: Which Should I Get?
- Cruise News Today — December 6, 2021 [VIDEO]