Royal Caribbean International has announced that its Shanghai-based ship Spectrum of the Seas will be moving to Singapore in October 2022. From there, the vessel will operate three to nine-night voyages visiting the best of Asia starting October 21.
Spectrum was Royal Caribbean’s first Quantum Ultra Class ship, followed by Florida-based Odyssey of the Seas that debuted this year.
“We are thrilled to introduce a whole spectrum of new adventures with Spectrum of the Seas, which features groundbreaking escapades exclusively designed for the Asian market, a testament to Royal Caribbean’s confidence in the potential of the cruising industry in the region. We have seen a surge in repeat cruisers, as well as a significant number of new to cruise guests, and look forward to bringing the best of the Royal Caribbean experience to our guests,” said Angie Stephen, vice president, Singapore, Royal Caribbean International.
“At the same time, we are excited to extend Quantum’s ultimate ocean getaways once again through early next year to continue catering to the strong demand for sailings from Singapore.”
On board Spectrum of the Seas, passengers can enjoy Asian-inspired cuisine such as teppanyaki and hot pot-style dining, as well as entertainment that has been created with inspiration from China, Persia, and India.
Highlights of Spectrum of the Seas include:
- The SkyPad — a virtual reality, bungee trampoline adventure
- A suite enclave hosting the Royal Suite Class Star, Sky, and Sea accommodations in a private area at the front of the ship with an exclusive elevator, lounge, and restaurants
- Entertainment venue Two70, which boasts 270-degree ocean views by day and transforms into a multidimensional theater by night
- Indoor activity space SeaPlex, which plays host to bumper cars, laser tag, archery, and more
- Star Moment karaoke venue
- A FlowRider surfing simulator, RipCord by iFly skydiving simulator, and the North Star observation capsule that takes guests high above the ship
- Specialty restaurants including Sichuan Red, Wonderland, Chops Grille steakhouse, and Jamie’s Italian
In related news, Royal Caribbean has once again extended Quantum of the Seas’ season from Singapore, now through at least April 7, 2022.
Those who book on Quantum from now through October 31, 2021 can take advantage of Royal’s Cruise with Confidence program, which allows for changes or cancellations up to 48 hours before the cruise sets sail. Those who cancel at least 48 hours before sailing will receive a future cruise credit. The credit is valid for future bookings on or before April 30, 2022 for sailings departing before December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date — whichever is later.