Sister lines Princess Cruises and Holland America have updated their health and safety protocols in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The lines have extended their vaccination, pre-cruise testing, and mask requirements through February 2022. As before, passengers must have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise, and provide proof of vaccination at the terminal prior to embarkation.
Guests must also provide proof of a negative PCR or antigen test that was taken within two days of embarkation.
Onboard the ships, guests will be required to wear face masks in most indoor areas, including entertainment venues, elevators, retail shops, the casino, and dining rooms, as well as in other designated areas that may be crowded. Masks may be taken off to eat and drink.
Bandanas, neck gaiters, and masks with exhaust vales won’t be accepted as substitutes for face masks.
Currently, kids under 12 cannot be vaccinated for COVID-19, and both lines still have a full vaccination policy in place. This means that they will continue to sail only with passengers 12 and up for the near future.
In other recent Princess news, Majestic Princess finished up her short Alaska season and set sail from Los Angeles for the first time last week; she is now operating seven-night California Coast and Mexican Riviera itineraries. In May 2022, Majestic will resume Alaska sailings.
And announced today, Princess Cruises has a new president: John Padgett. He will report directly to the line’s now-former president, Jan Swartz, who is now group president of Holland America Group. Prior to becoming president, Padgett was chief experience and innovation officer for Carnival Corporation, Princess’ parent company.
- Two Cruise Lines Extend Australia Pause Into 2022
- Report: Surprises From the CDC’s Updated Conditional Sailing Order
- Cruise News Today — October 27, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship