It’s a bummer to all of us that we couldn’t cruise for most of the year, and it’s especially disappointing for those of us who like to sail around Christmastime.
The public areas are usually decorated with lots of Christmas trees and garland, the bands include some Christmas tunes in their daily setlists, and sometimes the dining room and buffet even serve festive treats. Lots of ships have even been known to sport elaborate gingerbread villages on board.
To invoke some nostalgia in all of us, and perhaps remind us that cruising is indeed still just on the horizon, we thought we’d gather 11 photos of one of Carnival’s ships during the Christmas season last year — Carnival Pride.
As usual, the atrium is the focal point of the ship and does not disappoint when it comes to Christmas cheer!
Even the spa reception desk sports a cute little Christmas tree.
A great shot of the decorated atrium… this also lends some scale as to how tall many atriums are in older ships! They often go straight up all the way to the top of the ship to let light in with a skylight.
Even the Alchemy Bar gets in on the holiday spirit. We have to wonder how many Christmas trees were on this ship in total last year.
While we love the modern, clean designs of many newer cruise ships, there’s a certain comfort and nostalgia associated with the aesthetic of older ships that we adore, too.
Almost every public space on the ship is touched by the Christmas spirit thanks to the hardworking crew that makes it all happen.
That’s it for our little Christmas photo tour of Carnival Pride. Have you ever taken a cruise around Christmastime?
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of January 10, 2021
- Adventures By Disney To Launch Expedition Cruising In Antarctica, Galapagos
- Oceania Announces Epic 180-Night World Cruise
- 2021 Cruising: Halifax Cruise Port Hopes For Best, Plans For Worst
- Carnival Corp. Celebrates Float-Out of New Ship
- Plugged-In: Electricity To Play Bigger Role In Powering Cruise Ships
- Cruise News Briefs — January 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
- Celebrity Returns to Mexican Riviera Cruising After 8 Year Hiatus
- Bookings Open For Holland America’s 2022 Alaska Cruises
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Grand Cayman Says Cruise Ships Unlikely To Return in 2021
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Begins Construction on Next Mega Cruise Ship
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
All Air Travelers Coming Into U.S. Will Require Negative Test
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Will Cruise From New Homeport Next Winter