It’s a bummer to all of us that we couldn’t cruise for most of the year, and it’s especially disappointing for those of us who like to sail around Christmastime.
The public areas are usually decorated with lots of Christmas trees and garland, the bands include some Christmas tunes in their daily setlists, and sometimes the dining room and buffet even serve festive treats. Lots of ships have even been known to sport elaborate gingerbread villages on board.
To invoke some nostalgia in all of us, and perhaps remind us that cruising is indeed still just on the horizon, we thought we’d gather 11 photos of one of Carnival’s ships during the Christmas season last year — Carnival Pride.
As usual, the atrium is the focal point of the ship and does not disappoint when it comes to Christmas cheer!
Even the spa reception desk sports a cute little Christmas tree.
A great shot of the decorated atrium… this also lends some scale as to how tall many atriums are in older ships! They often go straight up all the way to the top of the ship to let light in with a skylight.
Even the Alchemy Bar gets in on the holiday spirit. We have to wonder how many Christmas trees were on this ship in total last year.
While we love the modern, clean designs of many newer cruise ships, there’s a certain comfort and nostalgia associated with the aesthetic of older ships that we adore, too.
Almost every public space on the ship is touched by the Christmas spirit thanks to the hardworking crew that makes it all happen.
That’s it for our little Christmas photo tour of Carnival Pride. Have you ever taken a cruise around Christmastime?
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 25, 2021
- Carnival Leads Port Canaveral Return with Mardi Gras Sailing
- Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise
- Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
- Viking Resumes Cruises on the Seine and Rhône Rivers in France
- Holland America Takes Delivery of New Flagship
- Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
- Carnival Horizon, a Journey in Photos Day 4: Sea Day, Part 2
- Cruise News Today — July 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need to Know About Mardi Gras’ Loft 19 and Its Cabanas
BEFORE YOU CRUISE4 days ago
MENU: Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Two Big Changes to Guy Fieri Restaurants on Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Mexican Port Welcomes First Cruise Ship After 16 Months
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Offers Sneak Peek of Mardi Gras