Known for its rich history, culture, and activities, Mazatlan, Mexico offers a lot to cruise passengers who may be calling at the port or doing a land stay.
Here are some cool things to experience when visiting Mazatlan, Mexico.
1. Take Surf Lessons: a world-class surfing spot who recently hosted Quicksilver’s Surf Clasico Mazatlan. The instructor will give you all the techniques on a long board and take you out and let you hang ten. Located in Playa Los Pinitos.
2. Mountain Bike Tour: Strap on your helmet, hop on a mountain bike and go through the winding trails around Mazatlan. It’ll really test your endurance along with giving you some cool sights of the city.
3. Huana Coa Canopy adventure: Zip line your way through the forest on nine different zip-lines all while giving you exhilarating views and great speeds. Huana Coa also offers ATV tours and horseback riding. Located in La Noria.
4. Blue Agave Distillery: Take a tour around a tequila plant and learn the ancient process of how tequila is made from a sweet tasting Agave plant. Afterwards, take a sample and you’ll have a different perspective of a Mexico’s favorite libation.
5. Hike to El Faro Lighthouse: Hike up to the second-tallest natural light house in the world 515′ above the city. You’;ll find breathtaking views but wear your walking shoes because the hike up is well worth the endurance. Located in Olas Atlas.
6. Kolonahe Trimaran Sailing to Deer Island: Spend a day sailing along Mazatlan’s bay, learn some interesting facts, and anchor off of Deer Island for a day to enjoy beach recreation, snorkeling, an open bar, kayaking and get pulled on the big banana. Lunch is included.
7. El Cid Resort: Get a day pass to one of three El Cid’s all-inclusive resorts. Prices vary by season and start at $35. Have access to pristine pools, all-you-can eat, drink, and water sports on the beach. You can start at one resort and take the free shuttle between all three properties. El Cid offers something for everyone.
8. Pulmonia Tour: Hop in an open-air vechicle and cruise along the malecon. You will take in all the city sights and ride along Mazatlan’s famous sea-wall and architecture around the city. There’s no set schedule, you tell the driver what you want to see and you’ve got it!
9. The Original Senor Frogs: Did you know that Senor Frogs originated in Mazatlan, Mexico? Dance, party, eat, and have delicious concoctions in the original city where Senor Frogs first started as a tadpole in 1970.
There is so much more to do in Mazatlan, Mexico like great restaurants, bars, and nightlife.
Photo credit: Cruise Radio Facebook
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program
- CDC’s Conditional Sail Order Now Voluntary — What Happens Next?
- Norwegian Ends Cruise Mid-Voyage, Ship Returns to New York City
- Looking Back: Ten Years After Costa Concordia