If you’re sailing to the Caribbean, it might be more important than ever for you to have a passport. Why? Because officials in Martinique have implemented a policy change which will require that any cruise passengers wishing to go ashore will need to present a government-issued Passport.
Many travel experts have long recommended that anyone booking a cruise have a passport for various reasons. There are, however, many destinations to which one can travel without one. However, Martinique is changing the rules where their visitors are concerned, and this could lead to other Caribbean destinations following suit.
In order to make sure their passengers were aware of the change, Carnival Cruise Line sent out a letter to guests who will be sailing to Martinique. “We have an important message to share regarding travel documentation requirements for Martinique,” it read.
“Officials in Martinique have informed us that all cruise visitors must have a valid passport in order to go ashore. This requirement will be strictly enforced by local authorities. If you do not already have a passport, we encourage you to get one before your voyage.”
Guests will be able to sail without a passport, but they will not be able to disembark on Martinique.
READ MORE: How To Expedite Your Passport
The Martinique cruise season ramps up in early November. The first cruise ship to call on the island will be the MSC Meraviglia on November 2, followed by Carnival Pride a week later.
- Your passport should be valid for six months after the completion of travel.
- Please ensure the name on your passport matches your name as it appears on your booking.
- Make certain that your passport contains blank pages for entry and exit endorsements and any visas that may be required.
- Allow sufficient time should you need to renew your passport
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021