Adventures by Disney has announced its 2024 expedition cruise schedule, which includes a brand-new voyage along the Adriatic Sea.
2024 Adventures by Disney Cruise Highlights
Families will experience expedition cruising on Ponant’s luxury ship Le Bougainville, a small, purpose-built ship designed to access remote locations. The seven-night roundtrip voyage will sail from Venice, visiting seven ports in Croatia and Montenegro. Highlights include:
- Discovering the islands of the Adriatic Coast with stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands
- Enjoying food, Croatian wine, architecture, and culture unique to the region
- Biking through vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Stari Grad Plain
- Tasting local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months
- Exploring picturesque Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor
- Wandering medieval Croatian port-towns awash in warm limestone and red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia
- Delving into the underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home
- Stepping back in time to learn about time-honored Croatian traditions, including methods of pressing olive oil
On board, guests will be able to take part in themed karaoke nights, game/trivia nights, a talent show, and watching Disney movies. Adults-only activities include cocktail workshops and fitness classes. Kids 12 and under have their own special set of programming led by the Adventure Guides, such as a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party, a pizza party, a Dalmatian Dash scavenger hunt, and navigation lessons.
Dates: June 25, 2024 and July 2, 2024.
Antarctica and Patagonia
This southern region itinerary offers the chance to discover the pristine beauty of Antarctica and Argentina’s Patagonia region. Wildlife takes the stage as guests observe animals including penguins, seals, and whales in their natural habitat.
Dates: December 17-28, 2023 and February 17-28, 2024
MORE: FAA System Outage Impacts Cruise Passengers
This expedition cruise in the northern polar region features the Arctic waters and surrounding landscapes of Svalbard. Guests will sail past deep fjords, discover the human history of the Arctic, see massive glaciers, and view wildlife including polar bears, reindeer, and walruses.
Date: July 1-10, 2024
This island-hopping expedition cruise through the Galapagos Archipelago is an immersive family adventure. Guided by expert naturalists, guests will discover more about the amazing ecosystems and unique species endemic to the islands as they experience the views of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Dates: March 17-25, June 9-17, July 14-22, August 7-15, and December 18-26, 2024
Extending the Adventure
Guests can extend their vacations in select cities through an Adventures by Disney Escape, a series of short-stay getaways that are big on adventure. Escapes are immediately before or following an existing itinerary. The four-day Buenos Aires Escape is a great way to discover the capital of Argentina before embarking on the Antarctica expedition cruise. The six-day Amazon Escape takes guests on an exploration of the Amazon rainforest prior to the start of the Galapagos Islands expedition voyage.
READ NEXT: 4 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Luggage When Traveling