Adventures by Disney has announced a brand-new expedition cruise itinerary for 2024: the Adriatic Sea.
The seven-night roundtrip voyage from Venice, Italy will be very port-intensive, visiting seven destinations in Croatia and Montenegro. Adventures by Disney expedition voyages are made possible by chartering vessels from luxury French cruise line Ponant. In this case, the line’s ship Le Bougainville will be chartered for two planned sailings in the Adriatic in 2024.
The small ship was specifically designed to be able to access remote locations. It will sail along the Adriatic coastline, where passengers will be immersed in the culture and stories of the region. Each day will offer new adventures and excursions curated by Disney’s travel experts, including:
- Discovering the islands of the Adriatic coast with stops at Korcula to taste the famed Mali Ston oysters or Hvar to kayak along the Pakleni Islands
- Enjoying delicious food, Croatian wine, architecture, and culture unique to the region
- Biking through the vineyards and lavender fields of the UNESCO Grad Plain (also known as Hora or Ager)
- Tasting local delicacies such as Dalmatian Prosciutto, aged by the bura, a northerly-blowing wind common in the winter months
- Exploring Boka Bay in Montenegro by catamaran or strolling the cobbled streets of Old Town Kotor
- Wandering medieval Croatian port towns awash in warm limestone and red-tiled roofs, and visiting the world-famous Predjama Castle in Slovenia
- Delving into the underground labyrinth at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave and discovering the “dragons” that call it home
- Stepping back in time to learn about Croatian traditions, including methods of pressing olive oil
Signature service and storytelling will be brought to life on these sailings by a team of Disney-trained Adventure Guides. Up to six Adventure Guides will accompany guests on the Adriatic Expedition Cruise and will lead unique activities both onboard and ashore.
Onboard activities for the whole family will include themed karaoke nights, trivia, a talent show, and Disney movies. Adults-only activities will include cocktail workshops and fitness classes. Kids will have their own set of programming such as a “Pirates of the Adriatic” swim party, a pizza party, a Dalmatian Dash scavenger hunt, navigation lessons, and more.
Also in 2024, Adventures by Disney will offer expedition cruises to Antarctica, the Arctic, and the Galapagos Islands. Bookings for 2024 expedition cruises will open to the public on October 27th. Early booking will be available for the following:
- October 24th — Adventure Insiders with 3+ previous adventures
- October 25th — All Adventure Insiders
- October 26th — Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Gold & Platinum Castaway Members, and Golden Oak residents
Those interested in booking a 2024 expedition cruise can take advantage of the early booking offer, with savings of $1,000 per person on select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises and $750 per person on other select 2024 Antarctica Expedition Cruises.