After 18 months, a second Disney Cruise Line ship has resumed sailings from Florida. Disney Fantasy set sail from Port Canaveral on Saturday evening for a four-night cruise to the Bahamas.
Sailing at a reduced capacity, the ship will stop twice at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and have one day at sea.
The double-dip itinerary was both extremely popular and limited prior to the shutdown, but now common as the line attempts to keep its guests within a protective bubble.
It was recently announced that after a series of short cruises, Fantasy will start sailing seven-night voyages to both Mexico and the Bahamas on October 9.
The vessel’s return follows sister-ship Disney Dream’s resumption of service on August 9.
Updated Health and Safety Protocols
Disney recently updated its health protocols after guidelines were modified by both the CDC and the Bahamian government. Guests 12 and older must be vaccinated in order to visit the Bahamas (including Castaway Cay).
- Children 11 and younger will have to provide a negative PCR test taken within three days from departure, and provide a negative test result at the pier.
- All guests who sail on Disney will have to be tested at the port, regardless of vaccination status.
Although themed events like Halloween on the High Seas are still happening onboard, Disney said certain activities and venues may be reservation-only or have limited capacity. Face masks are also required onboard.
More Ships Scheduled to Restart
After a successful series of ‘staycation’ voyages in the United Kingdom, Disney Magic is scheduled to be the third ship to sail from Florida on October 28, homeporting in Miami. The ship is slated to sail four and five-night itineraries to Mexico and the Bahamas.
On the west coast, Disney Wonder is scheduled to resume voyages from San Diego on October 1. From Southern California, the ship will sail three and four-night voyages to the Mexican Riviera.
By the end of October, all four Disney Cruise Line ships are scheduled to be sailing from North American homeports.
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Cruise Podcast: MSC Meraviglia Review 2021 + News
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras