If you want to take advantage of Faster to the Fun (FTTF) on Miami-based Carnival Horizon, you’re going to have to pay a little more. Carnival Cruise Line hiked the rate of the priority embarkation program $20 for each sailing.
The New Faster to the Fun Price for Carnival Horizon
Carnival’s John Heald posted the new rates on Facebook.
- Six-night sailings have increased from $89.95 per sailing to $109.95
- Eight-night sailings have increased from $99.95 to $119.95
The price increase has recently been updated on their website.
Faster to the Fun Includes
- Priority security screening, check-in, and boarding
- First access to the staterooms (it’s normally 1:30 p.m.)
- Priority luggage service
- Dedicated guest services line
- Dining reservations
- Water Shuttle priority
- Debarkation choices
Why The Carnival Limits the Passes Sold
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the program, Carnival limits the number of Faster to the Fun per sailing.
There is an algorithm that determines how many FTTF passes they will sell per sailing.
At the end of the day, it depends on how many Diamond and Platinum guests are on the ship. The more people with higher status, the less of a value it would be to the guests who purchased priority embarkation. So they sell fewer passes.
Read More: 9 Reasons to Purchase Faster to the Fun
For example, one sailing on Carnival Magic may have 150 FTTF passes to purchase, and the next sailing may be 200 FTTF passes to purchases.
Travel agent Becky Smith told us, “Having the cabin available a bit sooner and having the dedicated desk on the ship to get around some of the long lines are about the only two real beneficial perks to the program.”
For years, guests who have earned their Diamond or Platinum status have accused Carnival of cheapening their loyalty program by putting a price tag on the perk.
- Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift
- Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
- Princess Cruises Takes Delivery of Sky Princess
- Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
- Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
- Top Ways to Take Your Cruise to the Next Level
- Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
- Cruise Podcast: Symphony of the Seas 2019 Review + News
- Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
- Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Passenger Kicked Off Ship For Dangerous Selfie
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Why Carnival’s New Safety Video is A Game Changer
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Post-Cruise Depression: The Struggle Is Real
CRUISE NEWS13 hours ago
Missing Cruise Workers Cause Major Rule Change
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
EDITORIAL1 day ago
Why You Should Attend Carnival’s Military Appreciation Gathering
EDITORIAL5 days ago
Why We Cruise Wednesday: Sunsets
EDITORIAL5 hours ago
Carnival Cruise Guests React To New Loyalty Gift