Carnival Paradise has emerged from her extensive dry dock, and returns to service today from Port Tampa Bay.
The ship departs this afternoon on a 5-day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman – part of her year-round sailings from Tampa that also includes 4-day cruises to Cozumel and 5-day cruises to Cozumel and Roatan, Key West, or Grand Cayman. Carnival Paradise also offers 4 to 8-day cruises to Cuba featuring day-long and overnight calls in Havana, as well as visits to other popular Caribbean ports.
Food & Drink Offerings
During the dry dock, some of Carnival’s most popular dining spots and bars were added to Carnival Paradise.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside venue created with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, serving up hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries amidst décor that celebrates his California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar – a poolside watering hole offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery with freshly-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a fun and festive outdoor bar with a laid-back, Mexican-themed atmosphere serving tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
38 staterooms have been added to the ship, including two Grand Vista suites with floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic oceanview cabins, and 12 interior rooms. Private verandas have also been added to 98 existing cabins, creating spacious new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All cabins offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and pastels inspired by the ship’s tropical itineraries.
Other Additions & Improvements
- WaterWorks Aqua Park – Located on the Verandah Deck, this waterpark for all ages features an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister waterslide, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a kid’s splash zone.
- Mini Golf Course – A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14, providing a classic, relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh air.
- Camp Ocean – A colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through engaging interiors and over 200 ocean-themed activities and science-oriented programming.
- Circle “C” – Designed for the 12-14 year-old set, this colorful space offers the perfect place for tweens and young teens to hang out and enjoy dance parties, video games, and more.
- Retail and Photo: The retail shops have been completely reimagined with a new design and new product offerings, including Pandora and Guess. The printed photo gallery has been replaced with a digital Pixels-branded platform that allows guests to identify and purchase images via their smartphones or at a kiosk.
In addition to Carnival Paradise‘s short cruise program, Carnival Cruise Line’s Tampa-based offerings include Carnival Miracle‘s year-round 6 and 7-day cruises to the western Caribbean, and 8-day voyages that include a partial transit of the Panama Canal.
- Carnival Cruise Line Moves Fantasy Out of Mobile
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered