Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Carnival Paradise has emerged from her extensive dry dock, and returns to service today from Port Tampa Bay.
The ship departs this afternoon on a 5-day cruise to Cozumel and Grand Cayman – part of her year-round sailings from Tampa that also includes 4-day cruises to Cozumel and 5-day cruises to Cozumel and Roatan, Key West, or Grand Cayman. Carnival Paradise also offers 4 to 8-day cruises to Cuba featuring day-long and overnight calls in Havana, as well as visits to other popular Caribbean ports.
Food & Drink Offerings
During the dry dock, some of Carnival’s most popular dining spots and bars were added to Carnival Paradise.
- Guy’s Burger Joint – a complimentary poolside venue created with Food Network personality Guy Fieri, serving up hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries amidst décor that celebrates his California roots and love of car culture.
- RedFrog Rum Bar – a poolside watering hole offering Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red.
- BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery with freshly-made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar.
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a fun and festive outdoor bar with a laid-back, Mexican-themed atmosphere serving tequila-based frozen drinks and beers.
38 staterooms have been added to the ship, including two Grand Vista suites with floor-to-ceiling windows, 22 junior suites, two scenic oceanview cabins, and 12 interior rooms. Private verandas have also been added to 98 existing cabins, creating spacious new 230-square-foot balcony staterooms. All cabins offer new island-inspired interiors with bright colors and pastels inspired by the ship’s tropical itineraries.
Other Additions & Improvements
- WaterWorks Aqua Park – Located on the Verandah Deck, this waterpark for all ages features an enclosed 300-foot-long Twister waterslide, two 82-foot-long racing slides, and a kid’s splash zone.
- Mini Golf Course – A nine-hole miniature golf course has been relocated to Deck 14, providing a classic, relaxing pastime for families to enjoy in the fresh air.
- Camp Ocean – A colorful marine-inspired play area designed for kids ages 2-11 that showcases the wonders of the sea through engaging interiors and over 200 ocean-themed activities and science-oriented programming.
- Circle “C” – Designed for the 12-14 year-old set, this colorful space offers the perfect place for tweens and young teens to hang out and enjoy dance parties, video games, and more.
- Retail and Photo: The retail shops have been completely reimagined with a new design and new product offerings, including Pandora and Guess. The printed photo gallery has been replaced with a digital Pixels-branded platform that allows guests to identify and purchase images via their smartphones or at a kiosk.
In addition to Carnival Paradise‘s short cruise program, Carnival Cruise Line’s Tampa-based offerings include Carnival Miracle‘s year-round 6 and 7-day cruises to the western Caribbean, and 8-day voyages that include a partial transit of the Panama Canal.