If you’re one of those people who leaves the ship’s nightclub or casino at midnight and is dying for something to eat, pizza is often your only option. But this week, Carnival Cruise Line Brand Ambassador John Heald announced that a new late-night menu for munchie-seeking revelers has been rolled out on the Carnival Horizon.
What’s On The Menu?
The new Lido buffet snack menu — dubbed the “Good Eats Late Night Snack” menu — is available from 11:30 p.m. until 1 a.m., making it the perfect spot for those who simply won’t be able to hang on until breakfast! The complimentary menu features a variety of options, and will be served in addition to — not in the place of — the 24-hour pizza that Carnival has long offered to late night diners.
So what does the new menu feature?
- Chicken Noodle Soup featuring a light broth and wide noodle pasta
- A Mexican Macaroni Salad with Roma tomatoes, black beans, corn and onion tossed with cumin-flavored crema fresca
- Penne Forna with sauteed spicy sausage and pepperoni, tossed with ricotta and marinara sauce, provolone, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses
- A Tomato and Mozzarella sandwich with pesto mayo, roasted peppers and arugula
- An Italian Meatball sandwich with pecorino romano cheese
- Grilled Cheese & Ham
- Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip cookies
Given how important food is to cruisers, it’s not surprising that lines are constantly tweaking their offerings. Last fall, the line’s popular steakhouse made several changes, while new deli menus were introduced on several ships. Generally speaking, new menus are tested (and sometimes tweaked) on one or two ships before being rolled out across the rest of the fleet.
Horizon is Carnival’s newest ship, the second of three planned Vista Class vessels, with the Carnival Panorama set to join her sisters in 2020. Bookings for the Panorama opened last month, while the Horizon is currently doing a series of Mediterranean sailings before heading for the United States to spend the summer in New York City before relocating to Miami, Florida.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Cruise Lines Submit Plan to CDC For Safe Return To Cruising
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021