Carnival Cruise Line is a big supporter of the communities in which their ships homeport, and they continued that support with a special day for kids aboard Carnival Elation in Jacksonville recently.
The ship hosted nearly two dozen mentors and mentees from the Jacksonville chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters, the nation’s largest donor and volunteer-supported mentoring network. The organization’s mission is to make meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and kids (“Littles”) and develop positive relationships that will impact the lives of the young people.
During their time onboard, the kids and adults enjoyed a lunch in Elation‘s main dining room, followed by a tour of the recently renovated ship. The group also met member’s of the vessel’s management team and learned about daily operations of the 3,104-guest vessel.
Carnival Elation operates four and five-day cruises year-round from Jaxport, carrying 170,000 passengers annually.
- Carnival Cruise Ship Experiencing Technical Issues
- Cruise Ship Fails Health Inspection, 44 Violations
- Holland America Cancels Four More Cruise Ship Sailings
- Carnival Adds Flight Options to Cruise Manager
- 7 Confessions of a Cruise Ship Bartender
- Carnival Magic To Sail From Norfolk In 2021
- Coronavirus Kills Two Cruisers As One Line Suspends Ship’s Operations
- Cruise Podcast: Celebrity Equinox Review 2020 + News
- Carnival Radiance Entertainment Staff Named
- Cruise Comedian Fired For Breaking Quarantine, Sneaking Home