There are big changes on the horizon for MSC Cruises, including the line sailing out of Port Canaveral for the very first time. In related news, MSC Seaside will be leaving America to sail Mediterranean itineraries.
Which Ship Will Be Sailing Out Of Port Canaveral
Beginning in the summer of 2021, MSC Divina will relocate to Port Canaveral. From there, the ship will do a mixture of sailings ranging from 3-nights to week-long trips, with departures taking place on Sundays and Thursdays.
The company is clearly hoping that this new-to-MSC-port will encourage people to combine land-and-sea adventures. After all, Port Canaveral is only a hop, skip and a jump away from Orlando, which is one of the most popular travel destinations in the country.
Cruisers will now have the option of doing a 3- or 4-night cruise on the Divina before or after a stop at, say, Walt Disney World, all while still staying within the typical 7-day range of a vacation.
As an added bonus, all sailings on the Divina will include a stop at Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, the line’s new private island destination.
MSC’s Other Florida-Based Ships
Meanwhile, the MSC Meraviglia and MSC Armonia will also be sailing out of Florida, with both calling Miami home. And like Divina, all sailings on these ships will also make a stop at Ocean Cay.
Itinerary-wise, Meraviglia will do 7-night sailings which depart each Saturday. As for Armonia, the ship will do 3- and 4-night getaways, departing on Mondays and Fridays.
As for the MSC Seaside, which was introduced to the American market with much fanfare, she will be relocating to the Western Mediterranean in the summer of 2021.
In fact, all three of the line’s Seaside-class ships will head to the Mediterranean. This includes the still-under-construction Seashore, which is now expected to join the fleet on August 1, 2021, following delays at the shipyard.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
EDITORIAL4 days ago
Why Drink Packages May Be the Biggest Challenge Facing Cruising’s Resumption