MSC Cruises announced this week that MSC Seaside will be sailing from Central Florida in November 2020. Previously, the cruise line had announced that in 2021, MSC Divina would sail from the Space Coast, which means MSC will now have two ships sailing consecutively from the port.
“We are thrilled at MSC Cruises to bring two of our modern and glamorous cruise ships, MSC Seaside and MSC Divina, to such a high-demand port for the first time, with sailings year-round to the sunny Caribbean and The Bahamas,” said Rubén Rodriguez, President of MSC Cruises USA.
MSC Seaside will start sailing in November 2020 and offer three-, four-, and seven-night cruises to the Bahamas. Once Seaside leaves Port Canaveral in the spring, MSC Divina will take its place until November 2021.
Both ships will call to the Eastern and Western Caribbean, the Bahamas, and the cruise line’s private island Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve.
“We’re very pleased to welcome MSC Cruises to Port Canaveral and excited to be the homeport for the beautiful MSC Seaside and MSC Divina,” said Port CEO Capt. John Murray. “This exciting new partnership is an endorsement of our commitment to excellence and the investments we’ve made in our cruise operations. We’re looking forward to working together with our new cruise partner providing the best possible experience for their guests.”
In 2019, Port Canaveral saw nearly 2.1 million passengers, accounting for 16 percent of North America embarkations.
Over the past few years, MSC has been trying to increase its North American presence by offering sailings from areas such as New York City and Florida’s various ports.
Based in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises currently operates 17 vessels around the world with a handful of new builds launching in the coming years.
- The Controversial Technology That Could Change Cruising Forever
- The Rule Change That Could Save Alaska’s 2021 Cruise Season
- Royal Caribbean Makes Changes to Winter 2021/2022 Cruise Schedule
- Impressive Timelapse of New Cruise Ship Being Built [VIDEO]
- Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing
- Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
- Travel During A Pandemic: Visiting Disney Springs
- Cruise Podcast: How To Buy A Room On A Cruise Ship + News
- 21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
- New Cruise Ship Will Literally Change the Air You Breathe
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship to Sail Gives Glimpse of New Normal
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
21 Haunting Images From a Cruise Ship Scrapyard [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Judge’s Ruling Clears Path For Carnival December 1 Sailing
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Kicked Off Ship: Cruiser Who Ignored Excursion Rules Sent Packing