Mariner of the Seas Sails
Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas resumed revenue cruises from Port Canaveral yesterday, after completing her simulated voyage last week.
Now, the vessel has begun a series of three and four-night cruises to Nassau and the line’s private island Perfect Day at CocoCay.
The sailing is significant because it marks the 13th ship in Royal Caribbean’s 25-vessel fleet to return to cruising, meaning over half the fleet is now operational.
CDC Updates Guidance for High-Risk Cruisers
The CDC has updated its guidance for cruise travel, recommending that anyone at high risk for serious COVID-19 complications should not sail.
The recommendation is for all travelers on both river and ocean ships, whether or not they are vaccinated.
The advice reflects growing concern about the Delta variant, which has caused case numbers to soar in recent weeks.
The agency also recommends that those who do cruise should be tested 1 to 3 days before their trip, and again 3 to 5 days after.
Norwegian Announces Next EMBARK Episode
Norwegian Cruise Line has given a sneak peek the next episode of its five-part docuseries EMBARK.
The episode will take viewers behind-the-scenes for resumption of service aboard Norwegian Jade. It will showcase moments when crew were reunited, and the final preparations before the first guests arrived.
The episode, called “Welcome Aboard,” will premiere live on Thursday, September 9 at 8 pm eastern time.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras