Carnival Radiance Christened in Long Beach
The former Carnival Victory was officially renamed Carnival Radiance during a ceremony on Sunday in Long Beach, California.
Shaquille O’Neal’s mom Lucille O’Neal had the honor of renaming the vessel as its godmother.
Carnival Radiance underwent a $200 million overhaul, and received new venues including Shaq’s Big Chicken quick-service restaurant.
Today, the ship kicks off a year-round schedule of three and four night Baja Mexico cruises.
Enchanted Princess Set to Be Christened in Port Everglades
And finally, Princess Cruises’ newest ship Enchanted Princess is set to be christened during a ceremony this afternoon at Port Everglades.
The vessel has three godmothers who will take part in the ceremony, and each is a member of the Explorers Club.
Enchanted Princess is currently operating a schedule of 10-night Caribbean voyages roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.
Woman Goes Overboard on Carnival Miracle
Early Saturday morning a woman in her 20s went overboard on Carnival Miracle. Closed circuit TV showed the woman going into the water from her stateroom.
Carnival Miracle, the US Coast Guard, and the Mexican Coast Guard combed the area with cutters and helicopters throughout the day and Saturday night.
The search effort was called off at 11 am local time after 30 hours of searching.
Miracle ended her cruise on Sunday morning in Long Beach, California.
Watch Cruise Radio News Briefs
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises