Carnival Resumes Alaska Cruises
Alaska cruises are officially underway for Carnival Cruise Line.
Carnival Miracle departed Seattle on Tuesday afternoon for a seven-night cruise that will call in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway.
The voyage will also include a day of scenic cruising through Tracy Arm Fjord.
Carnival Miracle is the line’s fourth ship to resume cruises, following Carnival Vista and Breeze from Galveston, and Carnival Horizon from Miami.
Icy Strait Point Welcomes First Cruise Ship Since 2019
The Alaskan port of Icy Strait Point has welcomed its first cruise ship since 2019.
Royal Caribbean’s Serenade of the Seas docked there on Thursday during its first seven-night cruise of the season from Seattle.
The Alaskan Native-owned port recently received some updates including a second pier, a new Wilderness Landing port area, and a high-speed gondola system.
Royal Caribbean Group Provides Aid in Alaska Pandemic Recovery
Royal Caribbean Group and the Alaska Travel Industry Association Foundation have partnered to help over 60 tourism businesses and community organizations in their pandemic recoveries.
With funding from Royal Caribbean, the foundation accepted grant applications from businesses and nonprofits across the state.
It will be awarding over $745,000 to over 65 of them.
Recipients include small tourism businesses like Sitka Bike and Hike and organizations like Fairbanks Community Food Bank.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras