Allure of the Seas Completes Test Cruise
Allure of the Seas departed Port Canaveral for her test cruise on Tuesday, and is expected to return later this morning. The two-night voyage marks Royal Caribbean’s first Oasis class ship to resume operations.
On Wednesday, the ship docked at Perfect Day at CocoCay with volunteer passengers.
Even though CDC test cruises from Florida are no longer required, Royal Caribbean plans to continue to follow the agency’s recommendations. If the test cruise is successful, Allure of the Seas is scheduled to begin regular cruises on August 8.
Carnival Fascination Finds New Life With Century Cruises
The former Carnival Fascination has found a new life with a Chinese river cruise company. Now known as Century Harmony, the 70,637 gross ton vessel will be Century Cruises’ first ocean ship.
Carnival sold four of its Fantasy class ships during the pandemic, and Fascination is the only one that escaped a fate at the scrapyard.
Alongside Century Harmony, Century Cruises operates nine river ships.
England Reopens to International Cruises
The government in England has officially given the green light for international travel to resume again.
Vaccinated travelers from the U.S. and European countries on the amber list can now visit England without having to quarantine. Testing will still be required.
The country has also announced that international cruises, not just those visiting the UK with UK residents, are allowed to resume.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada
- MSC Bellissima’s Red Sea Deployment Extended
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 2: Enough About COVID, Let’s Have Fun
- Cruise News Today — September 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Updates Casino, Smoking Policies
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Oasis of the Seas Successfully Completes First Cruise From NYC Metro Area
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Caribbean Island Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 18 Months
REVIEWS4 days ago
Trip Report: Final Impressions of Carnival’s Mardi Gras