MSC Divina Resumes Cruises
A second MSC ship has resumed sailings from the U.S.
MSC Divina set sail on a three-night voyage from Port Canaveral on Thursday, kicking off a series of Bahamas and Caribbean cruises. Each sailing will include a stop at MSC’s private island Ocean Cay.
Another MSC ship, Meraviglia, is currently sailing out of Miami. Divina’s restart marks MSC’s 11th ship to resume cruises globally.
Bill Introduced That Would Allow Alaska-Bound Ships to Permanently Skip Canada
Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski is set to introduce a bill in congress next week that would permanently allow foreign-flagged cruise ships to sail to Alaska without a stop in Canada.
Currently, the Passenger Vessel Services Act requires that foreign-flagged ships, which is nearly all large cruise ships, must stop in a foreign port when traveling between U.S. ports.
Due to the pandemic, Canada still has a ban on cruises, but a temporary waiver of the Act has allowed Alaska to have a partial cruising season this year.
If signed into law, this new bill would essentially allow ships to skip Canada permanently.
Heineken Offers ‘Back to Sailing’ Support Package to Cruise Line Partners
And finally, Cruise & Ferry reports that the folks at Heineken is reaching out to its international cruise lines partners with what it’s calling a “Back to Sailing” support package.
The program is designed to help train restaurant and bar staff on everything from maintaining equipment and how to encourage proper social distancing among patrons, to the best way to pour the perfect draft beer.
Christian Klimpke, who handles the brewery’s cruise accounts, said the company is helping to “balance the dynamics of operating onboard bars and restaurants in the new era and to safely navigate health regulations.”
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Princess Cays
- Final Thoughts: 9 Pros and Cons of Majestic Princess
- Cruise News Today — October 18, 2021 [VIDEO]
- MSC Will Pay River Cruise Line $2.7 Million After 2019 Collision
- Tampa Welcomes First Cruise Ship in 19 Months
- 9 Freebies on Cruise Ships
- Third U.S. Based Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Service
- Carnival Raises Nearly $300,000 in 3 Months For St. Jude