CDC Tells Americans To ‘Avoid All Travel’ To Bahamas
As the Bahamas prepares to welcome back cruise ships in less than three months, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control is telling travelers to “avoid all travel” to the island destination.
A statement from the CDC read in part, “Because of the current situation in the Bahamas even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid all travel to the Bahamas.”
The warning comes on the heals of Royal Caribbean scheduling to sail seven-night cruise from Nassau in early June.
Galveston Will Be Ready For Cruise Ships By July
Cruise Industry News is reporting that the Port of Galveston is ready to cruise as early as July. The port CEO said in a statement that they have already invested 100,000 in health and safety upgrades within the cruise terminals.
Since the shutdown, losses are at an estimated 1.2B in direct spending, 23,000 jobs, and 1.6B in wages statewide.
Late last year, Carnival Cruise Line said it was considering the possibility of Galveston as one of its restart ports outside of Florida.
Two More Cruise Lines To Sail From Greece This Year
Two more cruise lines announced a return to Greece this spring. Both AIDA Cruises and TUI Cruises will begin sailing seven-night voyages in May.
TUI Cruises, which falls under Royal Caribbean Group umbrella, will sail from Crete. AIDA Cruises, which falls under the Carnival Corporation umbrella, will sail from Corfu.
Both cruise lines will follow implemented return-to-cruise protocols.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Forced to Cancel Two Horizon Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 30, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line’s John Heald on Increased Capacity, Pier-Side Testing, Football and More
- MSC Cruises Christens New Ship in Dubai
- Welcome Back: Another Princess Cruise Ship Resumes Sailings
- Cruise News Today — November 29, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Key West Reopened to Cruise Ships Over Weekend, Restrictions Apply
- Overview: Visiting Bar Harbor, Maine on a Cruise
- 18 Photos of The Bimini Beach Club & What Cruisers Should Expect
- Review: Chibang! Chinese & Mexican Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras