The U.S. Government Attempts to Save Alaska Cruise Season
The U.S. Transportation Committee has asked the Canadian government to work with the U.S. in order to save the 2021 Alaska cruise season.
The committee is asking Canada to consider allowing ships to visit British Columbia without disembarking any passengers, to satisfy the foreign port call requirement and also respect Canada’s health concerns.
At this time, several cruise lines have not yet canceled Alaska cruises and are awaiting word from both the CDC and the Canadian government.
Carnival President Offers Update
In a new video, Carnival President Christine Duffy offered an update on where things stand for the cruise line as the industry is still shut down. Duffy said that since the introduction of the vaccine, there has been a shift in focus where health and safety protocols are concerned. She also mentioned that 16 ships are currently in U.S. waters and are ready to get back to cruising.
To close out the video, Duffy stated that she wished she had more information to share, but “As we like to say here, We are Carnival, and we will be back.”
Carnival has currently suspended sailings through May 31, 2021.
Royal Caribbean Releases HVAC Study Results
Royal Caribbean Group has announced the results of a study done on the air conditioning system aboard Oasis of the Seas.
The study found that the transmission of aerosol particles through different spaces were undetectable on surfaces and in the air. This means that Royal Caribbean’s existing air systems are already efficient in filtration, ventilation, and fresh air intake.
Based on the study, Royal Caribbean Group will only need to make small changes to an already efficient system, such as adjusting settings for maximum air changes per hour and upgrading filters.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 15, 2021 [VIDEO]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing