Florida’s Lawsuit Against CDC Presented to Judge
Florida’s lawsuit against the CDC over its Conditional Sailing Order was presented to a judge on Wednesday at a federal court in Tampa. The judge will now decide whether or not to issue an injunction that would lift CDC restrictions on cruise ships sailing from Florida.
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody filed the lawsuit in early April, and the state filed for an immediate injunction a few weeks later.
MSC Virtuosa Arrives in Southampton
MSC Cruises’ flagship MSC Virtuosa arrived in Southampton this week, as the ship prepares to welcome guests on May 20.
Virtuosa will be the first vessel to resume cruises in the UK, offering three and four-night sailings. From June 5 onward, the ship will begin operating longer seven-night voyages.
MSC Virtuosa is the third MSC ship to resume cruises, as MSC Grandiosa and Seaside are already sailing in the Mediterranean.
Baltimore Cruise Terminal to Reopen Soon
The governor of Maryland has announced that the state will be reopening its cruise terminal in Baltimore in the near future.
Alongside that, the governor announced that the state will no longer have capacity limits for both indoor and outdoor venues.
Maryland’s mask mandate will be lifted as well, as soon as at least 70 percent of adults have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Watch Cruise News Briefs [VIDEO]
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up