Princess Cruises’ newest ship, Discovery Princess, was floated out at the shipyard on Thursday, marking a major milestone in the vessel’s construction.
The 3,660-passenger vessel is currently being built at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy. It is Princess’ sixth and final Royal Class ship, following Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky, and Enchanted Princess — all of which were built at the same Fincantieri shipyard starting ten years ago.
Now, work on the interior construction, fittings, and final touches will begin, leading to Discovery Princess’ scheduled delivery to Princess Cruises next year.
About Discovery Princess
Discovery Princess will boast eight different stateroom categories — including four different types of suites— and the fleet’s largest balconies. It will also feature the exclusive Sanctuary sundeck; two deep-tank swimming pools, and an infinity-style pool.
Onboard dining options will include the World Fresh Marketplace buffet, Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria, classic Princess favorite Crown Grill steakhouse, The Salty Dog Gastropub, and Gigi’s Pizzeria offering hand-tossed pies hot out of the oven.
Other ship amenities and activities will include Movies Under the Stars on the pool deck, The Voice of the Ocean singing competition, the cruise line’s largest-ever spa thermal suite, and exclusive youth clubs for kids and teens.
Fincantieri & Princess Cruises
The partnership between Princess Cruises, which is owned by Carnival Corporation, and Fincantieri’s Monfalcone shipyard will continue with two more next-generation cruise ships. They will be the largest built so far in Italy, coming in at 175,000 gross tons and accommodating around 4,300 passengers each. They will be the first in Princess’ fleet to be duel-fuel powered primarily by liquefied natural gas. Deliveries for those vessels are scheduled for 2023 and 2025.
Float out information via Princess’ Twitter account and Cruise Industry News
- Royal Caribbean Debuts First World Cruise, 274 Nights
- JetBlue Taps Cruising Market With Flight + Cruise Packages
- Cruise News Today — October 20, 2021 [VIDEO]
- All Celebrity Edge-Class Ships to Sail in Europe in 2023
- MSC Prepares to Welcome International Cruise Guests on U.S. Sailings
- Makeup Ideas For Themed Cruise Ship Deck Parties
- Princess Cruises Offers 50% Off Deal For First Responders & Medical Professionals
- Cruise News Today — October 19, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Cruise Line Returns to Two More Caribbean Islands
- Cruise Line Rolls Out Sports Betting in Recent App Update