The name of the sixth Royal-Class cruise ship for Princess Cruises was revealed – Discovery Princess.
Designed from the ground up as a Princess MedallionClass ship, the 143,700-ton, 3,660-passenger Discovery Princess is currently under construction at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
The ship will feature an evolution of the design platform used for the cruise line’s previous Royal-Class ships.
With cruise vacations open for sale Oct. 8, 2019, Discovery Princess will sail on destination-rich itineraries to the Mediterranean, Caribbean and South America before arriving in Los Angeles for her West Coast debut, sailing to Mexico and the California Coast.
“Discovery Princess will take our guests on the most memorable vacations of their lifetime introducing them to new sights, new cultures, and new experiences onboard every voyage,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Discovery is both an expression of our brand as well as an important aspect of our guest experience. We know Discovery Princess will offer our guests cruise vacations that create memories they will cherish for a lifetime and we’re proud to mark a major milestone basing our newest ship on the West Coast.”
Discovery Princess is scheduled to debut on Nov. 3, 2021, on a seven-day Mediterranean & Aegean inaugural cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Athens.
Source: Princess Cruises
- Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
- Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
- Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
- A Picky Eater’s Guide to Dining on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Foodie’s Delight: Silversea’s New S.A.L.T. Delivers ‘Local Tastes’
- Costa Smeralda Trip Report, Day 3: Tasting The Med, Onboard & Ashore
- MSC Divina Resumes Cruising From Port Canaveral
- Cruise Line Sets a New Single-Day Booking Record
- Cruise News Today — September 17, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Alaska Launches Bill To Let Cruise Ships Permanently Skip Canada