The name of the sixth Royal-Class cruise ship for Princess Cruises was revealed – Discovery Princess.
Designed from the ground up as a Princess MedallionClass ship, the 143,700-ton, 3,660-passenger Discovery Princess is currently under construction at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy.
The ship will feature an evolution of the design platform used for the cruise line’s previous Royal-Class ships.
With cruise vacations open for sale Oct. 8, 2019, Discovery Princess will sail on destination-rich itineraries to the Mediterranean, Caribbean and South America before arriving in Los Angeles for her West Coast debut, sailing to Mexico and the California Coast.
“Discovery Princess will take our guests on the most memorable vacations of their lifetime introducing them to new sights, new cultures, and new experiences onboard every voyage,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. “Discovery is both an expression of our brand as well as an important aspect of our guest experience. We know Discovery Princess will offer our guests cruise vacations that create memories they will cherish for a lifetime and we’re proud to mark a major milestone basing our newest ship on the West Coast.”
Discovery Princess is scheduled to debut on Nov. 3, 2021, on a seven-day Mediterranean & Aegean inaugural cruise from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Athens.
Source: Princess Cruises
- Key West Looking To Ban Large Cruise Ships
- Cruise Line Adds Sixth Vessel to Caribbean
- Florida-based Cruise Line Extends Suspension
- Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
- Carnival Able To Go “Another Full Year” Without Cruises
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of July 5, 2020
- Royal Caribbean Purchases Remaining Shares Of Cruise Line
- Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
- Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
- U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020
CRUISE NEWS14 hours ago
Carnival Fantasy Reportedly Sold, Heading to Scrapyard
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Carnival Corp. Talks Return To Service, 13 Ships Leaving Fleet
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Details On The First Three Carnival Corporation Ships To Sail
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
U.S. Port Bans Cruise Ships Through 2020