Disney Cruise Line has announced the return of its Halloween on the High Seas voyages this September and October.
Activities and entertainment will include trick-or-treating, spooky parties, holiday décor, and themed foods and beverages.
New Character Looks
Disney guests will be the first to experience an all-new character meet and greet opportunity fleet-wide during the Halloween cruises.
All of the Disney characters on board will adorn Halloween costumes as part of the festivities, but Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Clarabelle Cow will specifically debut brand-new costumes as they dress up as the Sanderson sisters from the movie “Hocus Pocus.”
New Pumpkin Tree on Disney Wish
During its inaugural season of Halloween cruises this fall, the brand-new Disney Wish will introduce a unique twist on the classic Pumpkin Tree — the centerpiece of every vessel during Halloween sailings.
Traditionally, the tree features sprouting Jack-O-Lanterns and flickering lights as it transforms throughout the voyage.
On Disney Wish, guests will witness the debut of an all-new Pumpkin tree in the Cinderella-inspired Grand Hall atrium. Featuring lighter bark, graceful branches, and a mystical face, Disney says that “this enchanted tree that grew perfect gourds with the help of a Wishing Star at night produced the perfect pumpkin that became the coach that carried Cinderella to the Prince’s Ball.”
Other Halloween Highlights
Other special Halloween on the High Seas experiences will include:
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party: Beloved Disney characters in Halloween attire will join passengers for a fun costume party.
- Adult-exclusive venues across the fleet will host costume contests and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown by the family pool and in staterooms.
- Special themed food and beverage items will be available.
- Other themed fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of ship announcements.
Halloween on the High Seas voyages will be offered on select sailings in September and October 2022 across all five of Disney’s ships. They’ll depart from Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, and New York City.
All sailings from Port Canaveral and Miami will include a stop at Castaway Cay — Disney’s private island in the Bahamas.