Disney Cruise Line has just embarked on an inaugural season sailing from New Orleans. This also marks the very first time that Disney Cruise Line has had a homeport in Louisiana.
On the Disney Wonder’s first departure from the Crescent City on Feb. 7, 2020, the ship received a celebratory bon voyage from Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and members of the traditional New Orleans Treme Brass Band.
This cruise that has just commenced kicks off a limited-engagement season sailing from New Orleans in 2020, and Disney Cruise Line will be returning to New Orleans again in early 2021. These voyages visit the Bahamas, Caribbean and include stops at Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay.
Those in the area can experience the magic of having a Disney ship in their own backyard. For guests joining Disney Cruise Line from farther away, they can savor the excitement and flair of the Big Easy both onboard and ashore.
In New Orleans, there’s magic around every corner as visitors recognize the iconic sights and sounds that inspired the Disney animated film “The Princess and the Frog.”
Onboard the Disney Wonder, Disney Cruise Line is “gonna take you there!” with a celebration of New Orleans dining and entertainment at Tiana’s Place restaurant and a menu that draws inspiration from the flavors and ingredients of the Louisiana bayou.
At the brand new French Quarter Lounge, guests are transported deeper into the story to enjoy live jazz music, sip a New Orleans-themed specialty drink and dance the night away. Throughout the days, family activities, trivia, workshops, crafts and music bring the bayou spirit of family gatherings and fun to life.
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
- Do I Need A Passport To Cruise?
- When is the Best Time To Cruise Alaska?
- What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
- Princess Cruises Sells Two Cruise Ships
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL2 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
What Cruisers Need to Know About Masks, Excursions, More
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021