Disney Cruise Line has just embarked on an inaugural season sailing from New Orleans. This also marks the very first time that Disney Cruise Line has had a homeport in Louisiana.
On the Disney Wonder’s first departure from the Crescent City on Feb. 7, 2020, the ship received a celebratory bon voyage from Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen and members of the traditional New Orleans Treme Brass Band.
This cruise that has just commenced kicks off a limited-engagement season sailing from New Orleans in 2020, and Disney Cruise Line will be returning to New Orleans again in early 2021. These voyages visit the Bahamas, Caribbean and include stops at Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay.
Those in the area can experience the magic of having a Disney ship in their own backyard. For guests joining Disney Cruise Line from farther away, they can savor the excitement and flair of the Big Easy both onboard and ashore.
In New Orleans, there’s magic around every corner as visitors recognize the iconic sights and sounds that inspired the Disney animated film “The Princess and the Frog.”
Onboard the Disney Wonder, Disney Cruise Line is “gonna take you there!” with a celebration of New Orleans dining and entertainment at Tiana’s Place restaurant and a menu that draws inspiration from the flavors and ingredients of the Louisiana bayou.
At the brand new French Quarter Lounge, guests are transported deeper into the story to enjoy live jazz music, sip a New Orleans-themed specialty drink and dance the night away. Throughout the days, family activities, trivia, workshops, crafts and music bring the bayou spirit of family gatherings and fun to life.
- Royal Caribbean CEO Fain: A New Dawn Is Coming
- Carnival Cancels April 2021, Delays Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise
- MSC Grandiosa to Resume Cruising Southern Europe on January 24
- Cruise News Briefs – January 22, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Princess Announced They Have Sold Another Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Briefs – January 21, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Removes Ship From 2021 Alaska Season
- First Cruise Line Officially Requires Vaccines — Will Others Follow?
- Celebrity Cruises Announces 2022-2023 Caribbean Schedule
- Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Cruise Line Addresses Gratuity Hike, Vaccine Rumors
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
First Look: Menu for Emeril’s Restaurant on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Two Former Carnival Cruise Ships Being Scrapped [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Group Sells Cruise Brand