Subscribe to Cruise Radio News Daily Updates.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
It’s no doubt in this economy we are pinching pennies now more than ever… yes, even on vacation. A common misconception when you take a cruise is that everything costs extra money. Wrong! Here are a few ways to get free stuff on cruise ships.
Check your daily cruise planner for these events:
- Captain’s Cocktail Party – free drinks and snacks.
- Onboard activities such as towel animal classes, dance lessons, bartending classes, etc. Ship sponsored games give you a chance to win various prizes.
- Art auctions generally offer free wine.
- Volunteer for ship’s activities. In my past experiences, the cruise lines sometimes give away free bottles of wine.
- When in ports of call — shop at the ship’s preferred shops. Recently in Nassau, they offered pendants, wine, and other little freebies.
- Liquor tasting events. Be aware, there’s usually a cost for the wine tasting events.
- Welcome back parties. If you have cruised on the line before, there is a usually a special reception for you with free drinks and snacks.
- Time share presentations offer some type of reward: cash, onboard credit, or tickets.
- At the end of the cruise fill the comment card out. They offer free cruises if your name is picked.
Those are just a few ideas to have you save money on your cruise vacation. Enjoy.