One of the zones on Carnival Cruise Line’s ship Mardi Gras is La Piazza, an Italian-themed area that includes Cucina Del Capitano, Pizzeria Del Capitano, Bar Della Rosa, and a counter-service sandwich shop called Piazza Panini.
If you’re in the mood for a classic sandwich such as grilled ham and cheese or you’re looking for a delicious pressed panini, this is the place to be. Best of all? It’s complimentary.
Here’s the menu for Piazza Panini aboard Mardi Gras.
- Grilled Ham & Cheese — shaved ham, cheddar, and mustard on a rustic panini
- Tuna (toasted or untoasted) — tuna, celery, onion, tomato, iceberg lettuce, and mayo on a rustic panini
- Turkey — turkey, avocado, cucumber, arugula, and basil on a pretzel bun
- Reuben — corned beef, Swiss cheese, and sauerkraut on rye bread
- Meatballs — meatballs, ricotta, parmesan cheese, and marinara on tomato focaccia
- Hot Dog — chili, onion, sauerkraut, and pickle relish
- Caprese — mozzarella, tomato, arugula, and pesto on focaccia (also available as a regular sandwich)
- Sicilia — eggplant parmigiana, mozzarella, basil, and tomato sauce on ciabatta
- Salumeria — capicola, prosciutto, salami, provolone, mozzarella, and roasted peppers on focaccia
- Americano — herb grilled chicken, tomato, provolone, mozzarella, peperoncini, and olive oil on ciabatta
- Peppe — mortadella, provolone, mozzarella, tomato, and spicy olives on sourdough bread
- Carne — pepper roast beef, provolone, caramelized onion, tomato, and salsa verde on rustic bread
Desserts (available after 8 pm)
- Strawberry cannoli cream, chocolate chip
- Roasted banana, honey, and peanut butter
- Nutella, fig, and fresh mozzarella made on board