MSC Cruises and Fincantieri have announced the signing of a memorandum of agreement for the construction of four ultra-luxury cruise ships. The first will be delivered to MSC in spring 2023 with the other three once per year for the following three years. Each vessel will be 64,000 gross tons and have 500 staterooms.
The luxury ships will include the best and latest environmental technology as well as highly-innovative design and amenities for the ultimate in guest comfort and relaxation.
MSC Cruises’ Executive Chairman Pierfrancesco Vago said “It is off the back of the great success of our ship-within-a-ship luxury concept that our guests asked us to enter into the ultra-luxury segment, as a natural evolution of the MSC Yacht Club. These ships will be able to offer unique itineraries, thanks to their size, and the guest services will be taken to another level, including our personalized MSC Yacht Club butler service, available 24/7. I am especially pleased to be able to further extend our partnership with Fincantieri through this new order. The award-winning Seaside and Seaside-Evo class have already been recognized as ground-breaking and innovative designs. We are now introducing another new class, which will establish a new standard of ultra-luxury at sea with ships that will showcase the quality and highest standards that are associated with Made in Italy.”
Itineraries and regions in which each ship will sail haven’t been announced yet, but Country Manager of MSC Cruises USA Roberto Fusaro implied that at least one ultra-luxury vessel will be sailing in the North American market.
- Carnival Will Take Conservative Approach When Cruises Resume
- Cruise Podcast: Disney Fantasy Caribbean Review + News
- Cruise Line Details New Sanitation Policies and Procedures
- Disney Cruise Line Cancels Additional Sailings
- Carnival Cruise Ship Captain Details Life Onboard During Shutdown
- 7 Ways Cruise Vacations Will Change Moving Forward
- Why You Shouldn’t Let Yourself Be Cruise Shamed
- Popular Shore Excursion Seller Closes Door
- Celebrity Edge Photo Tour
- How to Make a Cucumber Sunrise on Carnival Cruise Line [VIDEO]