MSC Cruises has announced that, for the first time, MSC Seaside will be deployed to Europe.
Since her launch in 2017, Seaside has been a ship firmly planted in the American market, based in Florida and operating cruises to the Caribbean. Now, the vessel will be joining the company’s flagship, MSC Grandiosa, in the Mediterranean as of May 1, 2021.
MSC Seaside will operate a brand-new itinerary of seven-night cruises calling in Genoa, Valetta, and Civitavecchia (Rome), with two first-time ports of call: Siracusa in Sicily and Taranto in Puglia.
And of course, for the protection of its guests and crew, the ship will implement MSC’s health and safety protocol that have been tried and tested since August 2020.
Measures will include universal testing at embarkation as well as mid-cruise, weekly testing of crew, social distancing, the wearing of masks in public areas, and only MSC protected shore excursions.
MSC Grandiosa‘s current successful itinerary will be extended through to the end of May, with the ship calling in Genoa, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palermo, and Valetta. Since August, MSC Grandiosa has safely carried over 40,000 guests.
MSC Seaside and Grandiosa itineraries are current available to residents from Schengen countries as well as Bulgaria, Croatia, and Romania.
Other Itinerary Updates
MSC Cruises has also announced today updated itineraries for the start of its summer season (beginning in April).
As a result of the delay in the return to availability of certain ports across Europe, the line has decided to cancel all other itineraries in the western Mediterranean for April and May 2021. Cruises there are scheduled to resume in June 2021.
Similarly, eastern Mediterranean voyages have been canceled for April 2021, and cruises are planned to resume there starting in May.
In northern Europe, all April itineraries are canceled. And in the Caribbean, all cruises have been canceled through to and including May 31, 2021.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies