MSC Cruises’ largest ship ever, MSC World Europa, is now en route to Doha, Qatar to prepare for her naming ceremony.
The vessel was delivered at the shipyard last week, and is scheduled to be officially named and blessed in Doha on November 13th. The massive ship is 22 decks tall and features 2,626 guest cabins, along with over 430,000 square feet of public space.
World Europa is the first liquefied natural gas-powered vessel in the MSC Cruises fleet, and its most environmentally-advanced to date. It includes selective catalytic reduction systems, shore-to-ship power connectivity, advanced wastewater treatment systems, an underwater radiated noise management system, and a wide range of energy efficient equipment and systems.
Here’s an overview of what MSC World Europa will have to offer guests.
The nearly 350-foot long outdoor World Promenade is the place to be for entertainment, views, and the longest dry slide at sea with an 11-deck drop. The World Promenade is connected to the World Galleria, which is crowned by an LED and kinetic dome ceiling. The World Promenade is the perfect place to shop, dine, and relax with a drink.
Food and Drinks
MSC World Europa features 33 restaurants, bars, and lounges, including six specialty restaurants and seven brand-new bar and café concepts. Highlights include:
- Chef’s Garden Kitchen focusing on natural ingredients and a farm-to-ocean ethos. This venue features a hydroponic garden and an open kitchen along with panoramic sea views.
- La Pescaderia is a signature Mediterranean fish restaurant serving the freshest fish, where sophistication meets casual family dining.
- The line’s first onboard microbrewery in partnership with Teo Musso, the founder and brewmaster of Italian craft and farm brewery Birra Baladin
- The modern Coffee Emporium
- The Gin Project offering over 70 craft gins, classic cocktails created by “gin-tenders,” and a vintage Crawley’s shaker
Guests of all ages will be able to enjoy entertainment from morning to night, including three new concert-style shows in the multipurpose Luna Park Arena, five new full-scale theater productions, four experiences in the Panorama Lounge, and pop-up live shows around the ship. Highlights include:
- The Panorama Lounge at the aft of the ship with entertainment including flying chandeliers
- The 1,153-seat World Theatre with original productions each night of the cruise
- The multifunctional venue Luna Park Arena will host movies, game shows, kids’ activities, and themed parties
- The Sportplex multi-use venue, home to bumper cars
MSC Yacht Club
World Europa features the most luxurious MSC Yacht Club yet, offering more public space, expanded outdoor areas, and new suites. The enhanced public areas include a reimagined sundeck spanning two decks, and the complex also includes two brand-new Owner Suites.
World Europa‘s kids’ area is the largest in the fleet, offering over 8,000 square feet of interior space with seven rooms dedicated to various age groups, from babies all the way to teens. The ship also includes seven swimming pools and 13 hot tubs.
The ship will spend her inaugural season in the Middle East, offering seven-night cruises from Dubai to Abu Dhabi; Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE; Dammam, Saudi Arabia; and Doha, Qatar before returning to Dubai with an overnight to explore the city.
Next summer, the ship will head to the Mediterranean, offering seven-night voyages to Genoa, Naples, and Messina, Italy; as well as Valetta, Malta; Barcelona, Spain; and Marseille, France.
MSC Cruises recently began construction on its second World-class ship, and also announced its name: MSC World America. She will be similar in many ways to MSC World Europa, but some experiences and design aspects will be tailored to appeal to guests from North America.
MSC World America will MSC’s first ship in the North American market powered by liquefied natural gas.