Luxury line Silversea Cruises has officially taken delivery of their brand-new ship, Silver Moon. It is now the ninth vessel in Silversea’s fleet.
During a small celebration at Fincantieri’s Ancona shipyard, executives from Silversea, Royal Caribbean Group, and Fincantieri expressed thanks to all involved during live speeches via video feed. From Royal Caribbean Group, Chairman and CEO Richard Fain, and Executive Vice President and CFO Jason Liberty each commended the more than 1,000 craftspeople that contributed to the new build.
Present in person were executives from Silversea and Fincantieri, who addressed attendees before Silversea’s President and CEO Roberto Martinoli signed his name to officially take delivery of the ship.
Giovanni Stecconi, Director of Fincantieri’s Ancona shipyard, then presented Captain Allesandro Zanello with a commemorative ampoule that contained seawater from the launch. Captain Zanello will be captain of Silver Moon, and was also at the helm for the delivery of her sister ship Silver Muse in 2017.
“I congratulate all those involved in the build of Silver Moon; it is a proud moment for everybody at Silversea Cruises, the Royal Caribbean Group, and Fincantieri,” says Richard D. Fain, Chairman and CEO of the Royal Caribbean Group. “This beautiful ship represents the resilience of the global cruise industry and it is encouraging to see such innovation and progress in this challenging period… Silver Moon represents the pinnacle of luxury travel; I look forward to welcoming our guests aboard in the near future.”
Currently, Silver Moon is scheduled to begin sailing in January 2021.
S.A.L.T. Culinary Program
Debuting aboard Silver Moon is a new culinary program called S.A.L.T., which stands for Sea and Land Taste. As part of the program, three new venues will form a culinary hub of sorts on deck 4.
S.A.L.T. Kitchen is the first large-scale regional restaurant aboard a luxury cruise ship, and will offer a menu that changes with the destination as well as a regionally inspired wine list. S.A.L.T. Lab is a test kitchen where passengers can learn about local ingredients and artisanal techniques through workshops, tastings, and demonstrations. S.A.L.T. Bar allows travelers to sample flavors of the destination through a selection of wines, spirits, and more.
The 596-passenger ship Silver Moon takes influence from the design of her sister ship Silver Muse in many ways, such as the small-ship intimacy and spacious all-suite cabins that Silversea guests have come to know and love. But she also has a number of public spaces that have been reimagined:
- The line’s signature restaurant La Dame has been redesigned and enlarged to accommodate 56 passengers, with the option to dine outdoors.
- Atlantide restaurant has been enlarged to accommodate up to 220 passengers.
- The design of Kaiseki has been enhanced, taking inspiration from the best sushi restaurants in the world. Here, travelers will witness expert sushi chefs in action as they prepare fresh sushi, sashimi, and more.
- The Dolce Vita lounge has a new layout with the bar at the center of the venue. By day it serves as a sophisticated bar space, at night it becomes the ship’s piano bar.
- The Connoisseur’s Corner now includes a new Wintergarden area, created a sheltered area outdoors. There, passengers will enjoy a selection of cigars and premium liquors.
Second New Ship For Fincantieri
Silver Moon marks Fincantieri’s second cruise ship delivery since the pandemic began early this year. The first was the 3,660-passenger Enchanted Princess, delivered to Princess Cruises. The shipyard is scheduled to deliver one more cruise vessel this year: Costa Firenze to Costa Cruises in December.
Silver Moon is the second of three sister ships that Fincantieri is building for Silversea. The third, Silver Dawn, is scheduled for delivery in 2021.
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 3: Just Another Perfect Sea Day
- Photos: 12 Bars & Lounges on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- U.S. Virgin Islands Bans Cruise Ships Unless All Eligible Guests Are Vaccinated
- Royal Caribbean Reveals When Remaining Cruise Ships Will Sail
- San Juan Welcomes First Cruise Ship Visit in 16 Months
- Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 2: Sip & Sea Day
- Norwegian Cruise Line Expands Starbucks Partnership
- MSC Cruises Resumes Sailings From United States
- Photos: 13 Restaurants on Carnival’s Mardi Gras
- Princess Successfully Completes First U.S. Voyage Since 2020
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Your Backstage Pass to Carnival Cruise Line’s VIP Party for Mardi Gras [PHOTOS]
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Adds Testing Requirement For All on U.S. Cruises
REVIEWS3 days ago
Mardi Gras Trip Report, Day 1: Let’s Get This Party Started
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Odyssey of the Seas Prepares For Inaugural Cruise