Viking has just announced its highly-anticipated 2022-2023 Viking World Cruise. The voyage will span 138 days and visit 58 ports in 28 countries, including overnight stays in 11 cities.
The 2022-2023 Viking World Cruise will be aboard the line’s newest ocean ship, Viking Neptune, which will join the fleet in late 2022. Setting sail on December 22, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale, the ship will journey to Central America before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast.
A shorter, 121-night Viking World Journeys itinerary is also available, which allows guests to join the ship along its journey in Los Angeles.
After stopping on the West Coast, Neptune will cross the Pacific Ocean to call in Hawaii, Australia, and New Zealand before exploring ports in Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ship will sail through the Mediterranean before concluding the voyage in London.
“We are pleased to offer this new opportunity for explorers to circumnavigate the world in comfort,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “World Cruises are truly special voyages, and they continue to be one of our most sought-after offerings. Our 2021-2022 World Cruise has already sold out more than a year in advance, which speaks to the enthusiasm of our guests as they look forward to the return of international travel.”
World Cruise Highlights
The ship will spend overnights in cities including Sydney, Haifa, and Istanbul, and spend double overnights in Auckland, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Yangon, and Mumbai.
Onboard, passengers can take part in the Viking Resident Historian program, and enjoy Privileged Access visits to cultural institutions while in port.
Highlights of the journey include:
- Kauai, Hawaii: The Garden Island — Explore the lush island of Kauai, which is nicknamed Hawaii’s “Garden Island.” Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings” to admire the 150-foot Ōpaeka’a Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town, or browse the shops at Anchor Cove.
- Sydney Australia: Iconic Harbor — Experience the world’s largest harbor in Sydney, and enjoy an overnight stay allowing plenty of time to explore the city, from its world-famous opera house to the natural wonders of the Blue Mountains.
- Singapore: A Melting Pot of Cultures — Witness the cultural diversity of Singapore during an overnight stay. Take a tour of its eclectic neighborhoods, visit the horticultural park showcasing over one million plants, or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: A City of Old and New — While in Mumbai, passengers can learn about the life of Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens, and explore the diversity of the city’s neighborhoods — from the narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Where East Meets West — Guests will enjoy experiencing this historic city during an overnight stay. Straddled across two continents, Istanbul offers a wealth of religious sites to explore such as the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and boasts fusion cuisine that combines Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London, England: The Royal Borough — The voyage concludes in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River. This spot allows easy access to the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Like Viking’s other ocean ships, Neptune will have a gross tonnage of 47,800 tons and carry up to 930 guests. It will be the ninth ship to join Viking’s ocean fleet.
Viking Neptune will include all balcony cabins with large showers and heated bathroom floors, a main pool and an aft infinity pool, anytime dining, and free wifi. The ship, like Viking’s other ocean ships, will also feature a Scandinavian style thermal suite in the spa that’s free for anyone to use, featuring a snow room, sauna, steam room, thalassotherapy pool, and more.
Pricing for the 2022-2023 Viking World Cruise starts at $49,995 per person. Pricing for the shorter 121-night Viking World Journeys segment starts at $46,995 per person. Both itineraries include Business Class international airfare, transfers to and from the ship, all onboard gratuities, the Silver Spirits Beverage Package, and free luggage shipping services for embarkation.
Those who book between now and February 28, 2021 will receive an additional $2,000 per person in shore excursion credit for any optional land programs, and $1,000 per person in onboard credit.
- Cruise Line’s New LNG Flagship Completes Sea Trials
- Cruise News Today — October 26, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean Releases Protocols For Cruises From U.S. Through November
- MSC Cruises Launches Design Contest For Hull of Upcoming Ship
- CDC Extends Conditional Sailing Order Into January 2022
- Viking Cruise Ship Makes Inaugural Call in St. Kitts
- More Dining Details Revealed for Upcoming Disney Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Rescues 8 People Off the Coast of Florida [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Resumes Sailings From Los Angeles
- Royal Caribbean CEO: ‘It’s Time to Focus on the Future’