Celebrity Cruises has revealed new details about its luxury wellness program aboard the next Edge-class ship, Celebrity Beyond.
Creating a “sanctuary at sea,” the offerings onboard will rival the best spa resorts on land, and have been designed to promote holistic wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
“Wellness is so fundamental to our philosophy at Celebrity Cruises, that we continue to build and grow a truly special onboard experience where it is woven into every aspect of the guest journey from the stateroom to the spa,” said President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. “And, because we’re doing all of this at sea, which is incredibly therapeutic in itself, it becomes a wonderful wellness journey unlike anything in the world.”
New to Celebrity will be the AquaClass SkySuites, which feature private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, luxurious bedding, and a variety of wellness amenities. The new suites combine the best of the line’s AquaClass offerings with the spaces, services, and amenities of The Retreat, an exclusive ship-within-a-ship complex for suite guests.
The AquaClass SkySuite experience will include:
- Access to Blu, a restaurant offering clean cuisine and plant-based options such as sustainable seafood dishes, biodynamic wines, and the Beyond Burger
- Complimentary access to the SEA Thermal Suite in the spa
- A spa concierge, discounted rates on spa packages, priority spa reservations, and a spa credit and fitness class credit
- A king-sized cashmere mattress, eXhale bedding, and a pillow menu
- An in-room fitness menu that includes things such as yoga and stretching
With services and wellness programming developed by OneSpaWorld, The Spa on Celebrity Beyond will include the most indulgent spa escape at sea, as well as a variety of innovative firsts in wellness, beauty, and fitness.
Complementing The Spa’s over 120 treatments is a new menu of 12 destination-inspired therapies from locations Celebrity’s ships visit. From Caribbean coconut to jade from the Far East, and from Alaskan mud to Baltic soapstone, guests will be able to immerse in local rituals from various ports of call and experience ingredients that are local to these regions.
At the heart of The Spa experience will be the SEA Thermal Suite with a variety of features perfect for relaxing. It will include:
- The Mist Aroma Steam room
- The Desert Infrared Sauna room
- Heated loungers with panoramic ocean views
- A Rainfall Water Therapy room with simulated water showers of varying temperatures and pressures
- The Crystalarium with natural amethyst crystal for healing energy
- The Hamman Turkish Bath, a modern take on the traditional ritual
- The Float Zen Zone where guests can “float” in basket chairs
Wellness and Fitness
Celebrity Cruises has also introduced the first-at-sea “Women in Wellness” program, bringing together some of the wellness world’s leading minds and practitioners to curate spa treatments, mind-body wellness activations, fitness classes, and stateroom TV programming.
The women include:
- Katie Brauer – Founder of the Yoga Professional and creator of new onboard Yoga Flow classes
- Noella Gabriel – the Co-Founder and Global President of Elemis and skin and body care expert
- Kiki Koroshetz – Wellness Director at goop, content and activation contributor
- Morgan Mitchell – Australian Sprinter and F45 Training Athlete and guide to F45 onboard
- Kimberly Snyder – Founder of lifestyle brand Solluna and creator of onboard meditation series
- Ruth Zukerman – the Co-Founder of SoulCycle and FlyWheel Sports; guide to onboard cycling
Creating a community-centric culture at the onboard Fitness Center, F45 Training is also expanding its popular workout that can already be found on Celebrity Apex when it debuts, and is now set for a debut on Celebrity Beyond as well.
The F45 Training program is led by onboard fitness experts who guide passengers on the unique station-based, heart-rate-monitored functional team training workouts that will be offered in the Fitness Center.
Fitness will also be available in guest staterooms through a new in-room fitness menu, including hand-picked items from goop. The goop team has also created a special good smoothie that will be available onboard, along with Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie.
More About Celebrity Beyond
The third ship in the Edge-class, Celebrity Beyond will be 17 decks high and 21 meters longer than sister-ships Celebrity Edge and Apex, making her the largest in the Celebrity fleet.
The vessel is scheduled to depart on her maiden voyage on April 27, 2022 from Southampton, England on a 10-night western Europe cruise visiting Bordeaux, France; Lisbon, Portugal; and Seville, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, and Barcelona, Spain.
After that, the vessel will offer a variety of Mediterranean itineraries before heading to the Caribbean in October 2022. Celebrity Beyond’s inaugural season is already open for booking.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of June 6, 2021
- Another First as Royal Caribbean Ship Sails From Nassau
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Mardi Gras Behind The Scenes: How Carnival’s First LNG Ship Fuels Up