On Friday evening, Celebrity Cruises announced that it plans to operate its ship Celebrity Summit in Alaska this summer.
Beginning on July 23, the newly-renovated vessel will operate seven-night voyages from Seattle to southeast Alaska.
Celebrity plans to operate a series of nine sailings on the ship through mid-September, which will mark the first time Summit is sailing in Alaska waters. Following her stint in Alaska, the vessel will reposition to the Caribbean via a 16-night Panama Canal sailing, and begin a series of four and five-night cruises there.
“I just can’t say enough about how wonderful it is to return to Alaska. I have always had a special place in my heart for the incredible people, amazing wildlife and the beauty of this great state and once our guests visit, they do, too,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises.
“The Alaskan communities have been hurting without the economic support they receive from tourism, and especially, the cruise industry. I am grateful to our elected officials across the country for recognizing the need and finding a way to restore them to their livelihoods.”
During this year’s cruises, the ship will visit some of Alaska’s most beautiful destinations, including Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway, with scenic cruising through Endicott Arm to Dawes Glacier.
All sailings will depart with fully-vaccinated crew, and everyone over 16 years old must be vaccinated as well. As of August 1, all U.S. passengers 12 and older must be vaccinated.
All-new 2021 Alaska sailings open for booking on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Sister line Royal Caribbean International also announced on Friday that it plans to operate two ships in Alaska this summer.
Celebrity Summit is now the sixth ship in the Celebrity fleet with a scheduled return to service. The others are the following:
- Beginning June 5, Celebrity Millennium is set to sail from St. Maarten on seven-night Caribbean cruises.
- Beginning June 19, the brand-new Celebrity Apex will make her world debut in the Aegean, sailing the Greek Isles from Athens, Greece.
- Celebrity’s three expedition ships sailing in the Galapagos Islands — Celebrity Flora, Xpedition, and Xploration, are set to resume sailings on July 4, July 24, and September 18, respectively.
WATCH: Celebrity Summit Ship Tour
- USVI Governor Asks Florida’s DeSantis To Allow Cruise Line Vaccination Checks
- Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Day 4: Changes in the COVID Era
- UPDATE: Two Celebrity Millennium Cruisers Test Positive, Protocols Work As Planned
- Carnival Staffing Entire Fleet — ‘We Want to Bring Back More Ships’
- Holland America Changes Rotterdam’s Inaugural Date, More Cruise Cancellations
- Cruise News Today — June 11, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Announces More Cruise Ships, Ports, Mardi Gras First Sailings
- Odyssey of the Seas Arrives to New Florida Homeport
- Royal Caribbean President Defends ‘Complicated’ Vaccination Policies
- Florida Lawsuit To Lift Cruising Restrictions Back In Court
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Despite Texas Vaccine Law, Carnival Cruise Line Set to Sail Out of Galveston
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
PHOTOS: Welcoming Carnival’s Mardi Gras to Port Canaveral
REVIEWS4 days ago
Celebrity Millennium Trip Report, Part 1: Getting There is Half the Battle
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs