Carnival Corporation has been named one of the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens for 2017 by Corporate Responsibility Magazine (CRM).
The company ranked 23rd in the magazine’s 18th annual survey, a significant improvement from last year’s ranking at number 51. Carnival achieved the highest rank among firms in the travel and tourism sector and was the only cruise-specific company to make the list, which uses the Russell 1000 index of the 1,000 largest US public companies as its base. This was Carnival’s fifth time in the past 7 years to be recognized among the 100 best.
Of all of the companies in the list, Carnival Corporation ranked in the top quarter in two categories: environmental at number 16, and governance at number 23. Environmental includes environmental disclosure, policy disclosure, and performance. Governance is how a company establishes policies, policing itself and its employees from the top executives on down. The Corporate Responsibility Magazine evaluates the companies in seven categories to determine the rankings: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, finance, and philanthropy/community support.
Carnival Corporation was also the winner of a 2016 Ladder Award, recognizing companies that have advanced the most places on the CRM list and made the most dramatic developments in their commitment to corporate responsibility and social impact.
- 2022 State of the Cruise Industry Outlook Report Released
- Cruise News Today — January 28, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Holland America Details Special Cruise For Rotterdam Naming
- World’s Largest Cruise Ship Delivered to Royal Caribbean
- Carnival Australia Restart Pushed Back to June
- Cruise News Today — January 27, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Recipe: Carnival’s Official Warm Chocolate Melting Cake
- Disney Cruise Line Details ‘Marvel Day at Sea’ 2023 Dates
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises