Carnival Cruise Line was a big winner in Travel Weekly’s 2020 annual Readers’ Choice Awards, taking home top honors in three categories.
The line earned Best Domestic Cruise Line for the fifth year in a row, thanks to its wide range of three to seven-night cruises from convenient homeports along the east and west coasts and the Gulf of Mexico.
Carnival was awarded Best Family Cruise Line for the second consecutive year due to its top-rated children’s programs and family-friendly offerings like Seuss at Sea and fun top deck attractions like the ropes course and WaterWorks aqua park. The thrilling upper deck amenities will only be bolstered by BOLT, the first roller coaster at sea when it debuts aboard Mardi Gras this year and on Carnival Celebration in 2022.
The “Carnival Learn and Earn” program, which is part of the line’s popular Loyalty Rocks Initiative, was acknowledged for rewarding travel advisors for investing in their professional development with fun, informative video-based modules.
Of the awards received, Adolfo Perez, Carnival’s senior vice president of global trade sales and marketing, said “although this year has certainly been different than others, earning these honors from readers of Travel Weekly in such wide-ranging categories is a testament to work we’ve put into in creating a terrific onboard product as well as training opportunities for our valued travel advisor partners.”
Currently, Carnival Cruise Line plans for Carnival Horizon and Breeze to be its first ships to return to service, once they meet the necessary requirements and operate test sailings as per the CDC’s “Conditional Sail Order.” Both ships are back in Florida so the cruise line can start readying them to sail.
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of April 11, 2021
- New Series Focuses on Pain of Cruise Shutdown, Excitement of Planned Return
- NCL To CDC: ‘Respond To Our Restart Plan Please’
- Carnival Releases Another Cruise-Themed Board Game
- Cruise Radio News Briefs — April 16, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Read the Letter Some Hope Will Prevent Cruise Ships From Sailing
- The Tug of War Over The Cruise Industry’s Future
- Norwegian’s ‘Great Cruise Comeback’ Docuseries Episode Airing Tonight
- Viking Takes Delivery of Latest Ocean Cruise Ship
- Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Senators Launch ‘CRUISE Act’ Bill To Override CDC, Return Cruising By July 2021
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Another Cruise Line Moves Closer to All-Inclusive Pricing
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
The CDC Still Doesn’t Want You To Cruise, But Has Advice If You Do
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Adjusts Refund, FCC Policies