Carnival Cruise Line was a big winner in Travel Weekly’s 2020 annual Readers’ Choice Awards, taking home top honors in three categories.
The line earned Best Domestic Cruise Line for the fifth year in a row, thanks to its wide range of three to seven-night cruises from convenient homeports along the east and west coasts and the Gulf of Mexico.
Carnival was awarded Best Family Cruise Line for the second consecutive year due to its top-rated children’s programs and family-friendly offerings like Seuss at Sea and fun top deck attractions like the ropes course and WaterWorks aqua park. The thrilling upper deck amenities will only be bolstered by BOLT, the first roller coaster at sea when it debuts aboard Mardi Gras this year and on Carnival Celebration in 2022.
The “Carnival Learn and Earn” program, which is part of the line’s popular Loyalty Rocks Initiative, was acknowledged for rewarding travel advisors for investing in their professional development with fun, informative video-based modules.
Of the awards received, Adolfo Perez, Carnival’s senior vice president of global trade sales and marketing, said “although this year has certainly been different than others, earning these honors from readers of Travel Weekly in such wide-ranging categories is a testament to work we’ve put into in creating a terrific onboard product as well as training opportunities for our valued travel advisor partners.”
Currently, Carnival Cruise Line plans for Carnival Horizon and Breeze to be its first ships to return to service, once they meet the necessary requirements and operate test sailings as per the CDC’s “Conditional Sail Order.” Both ships are back in Florida so the cruise line can start readying them to sail.
- Viking Begins Mediterranean Cruises From Malta
- Bimini Island Welcomes First Carnival Cruise Ship
- Disney Will Restart Cruises From Florida in August 2021
- St. Kitts Welcomes Its First Cruise Ship Since Industry Shutdown
- Disney Cruise Line Wants To Base Ship Year-Round At Port Everglades
- Celebrity Cruises Wins 12 Awards From ‘Wine Spectator’ Magazine
- MSC Seashore Kids’ Clubs, Activities Detailed Ahead of Debut
- Alaska Welcomes First Revenue Cruise In Nearly Two Years
- 16 Photos of Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 
- Princess Cruises Announces Discovery Princess Leadership Team