To celebrate International Beer Day, which is today, Carnival Cruise Line has announced a new brew that it’s serving up fleetwide: ParchedPig Beach Lager.
The cruise line describes the new lager as a “refreshing, crisp, and golden beer” that’s available in cans in bar and dining venues, as well as on tap in select locations.
Carnival recommends trying the ParchedPig Beach Lager, which was developed by Carnival’s brew team, with a Guy’s burger or BlueIguana soft taco.
Continuing its partnership with Lakeland, Florida-based Brew Hub, Carnival was the first cruise line to can and keg its own private label beers crafted by its in-house brewery team in 2019, not long after introducing its own onboard brewery aboard Carnival Vista in 2016.
“Beach Lager is a perfect complement to our Carnival Brews lineup. Lagers are very popular with our guests, so creating this delicious addition and bringing it fleetwide was a logical next step for us,” said Edward Allen, Carnival’s vice president of beverage operations.
“We’re pleased to build on our successful partnership with Brew Hub and proud to strengthen our industry-leading effort as the first cruise line to can and keg its own beers crafted by our in-house brewery team.”
MORE: Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Drop Testing Requirement For Most U.S. Cruises
The Beach Lager joins several other fan-favorite beers already available on Carnival’s cruise ships:
- ThirstyFrog Caribbean Wheat – an unfiltered wheat beer with flavors of orange and spices.
- ThirstyFrog Red – light, clean, frothy and a little bold, this craft beer offers balanced character and whispers of toasted malt.
- ParchedPig West Coast IPA – the embodiment of a traditional West Coast India Pale Ale, this hoppy, intense beer is loaded with bitterness with a bright flavor profile and distinctive aroma of citrus and pine.
- ParchedPig Toasted Amber Ale – highlighted by its rich amber color and notes of toasted caramel and biscuit, this beer is well balanced, smooth and highly drinkable.
- Carnival Birthday Beer – a refreshing golden ale with medium hops, specially made by the Carnival Brews Team, for its 50th Birthday celebration.
READ NEXT: Carnival Makes Changes to Room Service, Sea Day Brunch, and More