A bartender aboard Carnival Liberty’s Alchemy Bar was recently named “Bartender of the Year” at the 7th annual Bacardi Cruise Competition.
Adri Ford, from South Africa, was recognized for her drink “Pink Victoria,” made with Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka and took home the first place prize of $5,000.
Ford, is one of the several mixologists in Carnival’s newly added Alchemy Bar, a bar that debuted last Fall on Carnival Liberty a part of Fun Ship 2.0, the cruise lines $500-million dollar ship enhancement program.
Daniel Rodriguez, a junior sous chef aboard Carnival Legend also placed in the annual competition as a semi-finalist in the main course category for his entree “Brillat Savarin,” beef with Bacardi OakHeart spiced rum, vermouth and aged mushrooms.
The competition is held among 27 cruise and ferry operators around the globe and had over 1,900 entries this year.
Congrats to the Carnival employees that placed.
- When Every Norwegian Cruise Line Ship Will Resume Sailing
- Holland America Line is Giving Away 75 Alaska Cruises
- Caribbean Restart Date & Itineraries Detailed For Celebrity Infinity
- New Carnival Megaship Receives Signature Funnel [PHOTOS]
- Cruise News Today — January 26, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Everything You Need To Know About MSC Cruises
- Cruise News Today — January 25, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Disney Cruise Line to Offer ‘Pixar Day at Sea’ on Select 2023 Sailings
- Carnival Jubilee Cruise Bookings Open For Sale
- Carnival Liberty Resumes Sailing From Port Canaveral