Carnival Cruise Lines announced on Tuesday morning that Carnival Destiny will undergo a 49-day $155-million dollar refit in April 2013, a refit so dramatic that it’ll change the ships name from Carnival Destiny to Carnival Sunshine.
Along with adding the lines current Fun Ship 2.0 enhancements, the line will also add even more food, entertainment, staterooms, and shopping venues.
“This is our most ambitious ship conversion project to date and it will radically transform the Carnival Destiny into essentially an entirely new ship offering a variety of exciting dining and beverage choices, spectacular outdoor spaces and entertainment options, and on-board innovations not available anywhere else,” said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.
So what’s being added?
- BlueIguana Cantina, poolside Mexican venue
- Guy’s Burger Joint
- Fahrenheit 555, a steakhouse
- Cucina del Capitano, Italian venue
- Asian dining venue
- Poolside Lido
- Comfort Marketplace, a comfort food addition to the Lido Marketplace
Outside and Entertainment
- The first three-deck Adults Only Serenity area
- Seaside Theater
- Punchliner Comedy Brunch
- Hasbro, the Game Show.
- Newly designed Camp Carnival
Carnival will also add the popular Ocean Plaza on Carnival Sunshine along with adding 182 new staterooms.
Carnival Sunshine will launch its year-round seven-day cruise schedule from New Orleans on Nov. 24, 2013, offering three-different week-long Caribbean itineraries. Carnival Sunshine will replace Carnival Conquest in New Orleans, whose new home hasn’t been announced yet.
What do people think of Fun Ship 2.0 so far? Hear passenger reviews on Carnival Liberty, the first ship to roll out with all the enhancements.
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Cruise Industry Voices Beg CDC Not To Extend No Sail Order
- Carnival’s New Mega Cruise Ship Begins Sea Trials [PHOTOS]
- 5 Most European Cities In North America To Visit on a Cruise
- Cruise Radio News Briefs | Week of September 20, 2020
- Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruises: What You Need to Know
- The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
- Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer
- Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
- Carnival Offers First Look at New Mega Ship Atrium [Photos]
EDITORIAL4 days ago
The Path To Reopening, Will Americans Cruise Next?
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Royal Caribbean Modifies 5 Cruise Ship Deployments For 2021
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Final Countdown: Will The CDC Lift The Ban On Cruise Ships?
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Releases 2023 Itineraries, Latitudes Offer