Earlier this week Carnival Magic arrived in Port Canaveral from Galveston to sail year-round Caribbean service, but not to be one upped by Carnival Elation, who arrived in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday morning.
Starting today, the 2,052-guest Carnival Elation, will sail year-round four and five night Bahamas cruises from the First Coast. The ship will head to Nassau, Bahamas; Freeport, Bahamas; and the private island of Half Moon Cay.
To mark the ship’s inaugural call, a welcome ceremony including plaque exchange was held aboard the ship this morning.
Jacksonville had Carnival Fascination for the past few years until it was recently repositioned to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Bookings Open on Miami’s Next MSC Cruise Ship
- Cruise News Today — January 18, 2022 [VIDEO]
- U.S. River Line Orders 12 Small Cruise Ships
- Carnival Cruise Director Accepts Promotion, is Leaving Mardi Gras
- Cruise News Today — January 17, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Celebrity Delays Return of West Coast Ship, Cancels Four Sailings
- Spain to Require Booster Shots For U.S. Visitors
- Cruise News Recap | Week of January 9, 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 15, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Opts Into CDC’s Voluntary COVID-19 Program