This week marks another major milestone in the journey of Carnival Cruise Line’s newest ship Carnival Horizon, and it’s a big one: Over 4,000 guests are on board Carnival’s 26th ship right this minute as the ship left her seasonal homeport of Barcelona, Spain today on a 13-night Mediterranian cruise. If you’re one of the folks who are eagerly looking forward to their own cruise on this new megaship, fight back the green-eyed monster because this means your trip is that much closer.
Where is Carnival Horizon Sailing To
On Monday morning, John Heald — Carnival’s popular Brand Ambassador, who happens to be upon the ship for this maiden voyage — went live from Horizon’s bridge so that, via his Facebook page, fans of the cruise line could feel as if they were on board for this momentous occasion. The ship is now underway on a 13-night itinerary will include Livorno, Rome; Naples, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Messina, Italy; Valletta, Malta; and Cagliari, Italy.
Horizon Is The Ultimate Fun Ship Experience
Photo via John Heald.
While you’re sitting at home reading this (or worse, at work!), guests on board are enjoying one of Guy Fieri’s signature burgers or hitting up his new first-for-Carnival Pig & Anchor Smokehouse. They’ll also be enjoying a thrilling spin on the suspended track of the SkyRide and frolicking in Dr. Seuss’ WaterWorks Aqua Park.
Carnival Horizon will spend a month cruising from Barcelona before repositioning to New York City for the summer. In Fall 2018, she will then will head to Port Miami will she will offer six and eight-night Caribbean itineraries. The second of three Vista class ships, Horizon will be followed next year by the Carnival Panorama, which recently began accepting bookings.
- Australia Picks Up Displaced Princess Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Employee Celebrates 50 Years at Sea
- First Time Royal Caribbean Cruise Guide
- 5 Things to Do in Costa Maya, Mexico
- Cruise Line Continues Screening for Coronavirus, Cancels Voyage
- 11 Ways to Decorate Your Stateroom Door
- Photo Tour: MSC Divina
- Social Media Helps Cruise Lines Secure a Younger Market
- Richard Branson’s Adults-Only Cruise Ship is Delivered
- Cruise Port Guide: What to Do in Astoria, Oregon