Reservations opened today for a series of four to eight-night sailings in 2023 from Norfolk, Virginia aboard Carnival Magic.
Eleven cruises total will depart from the city’s Half Moone Cruise Center in summer and fall of 2023, visiting beautiful locales in Bermuda, the Bahamas, and — for the first time — Canada and New England.
The sailings include the following:
- A six-night Bermuda cruise with two full days and an overnight on the island, departing May 14, 2023
- Five-night Bahamas sailings calling at Nassau and Freeport, departing May 20, 25, and 30; June 4 and 9; September 30; and October 9 and 22, 2023
- A four-night “long weekend” Bermuda voyage with a full-day visit to the island departing October 5, 2023
- An eight-night Canada and New England sailing with stops at Portland, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; and Sydney and Halifax, Nova Scotia departing October 14, 2023
These 2023 voyages complement nearly a dozen four to eight-night cruises from Norfolk in 2022.
Carnival Magic is currently in dry dock in Marseille, France, undergoing a variety of upgrades including a new hull paint job modeled after the line’s newest ship, Mardi Gras. Now, the vessel will boast a sleek new red, white, and blue exterior design.
Other ships will receive the new hull design as they go into dry dock in the future.
Some of the renovations taking place on Carnival Magic during the current dry dock include a casino expansion, a refreshed WaterWorks aqua park, and updates to the ship’s swimming pools. And as is usual for a cruise ship’s dry dock, general maintenance is also being performed.
Norfolk, Virginia is one of 14 of Carnival’s United States homeports, and has been an important part of Carnival’s close-to-home ship deployment strategy. Roughly half of the U.S. population is within a day’s drive of a Carnival homeport, providing a convenient way for getting to and from a cruise vacation.
- The Cruise Line-approved At-home COVID Test: We Tried It
- Carnival Corp. Shows Optimism Despite Massive Q3 Loss
- Cruise Ship Headed Back to Florida After New Orleans Charter
- Cruise News Today — September 24, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Royal Caribbean CEO Says Focus is on 2022 & Beyond
- Scenic Eclipse to Resume Voyages in Antarctica in January
- Cruise News Today — September 23, 2021 [VIDEO]
- Delta Variant Slows Near-Term Bookings As Cruisers Hesitate
- Carnival Victory Officially Renamed Carnival Radiance
- Royal Caribbean Group Set to Build New Cruise Terminal in Italy
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Another Cruise Ship Pulled From China, Will Now Sail in Mediterranean
CRUISE NEWS4 days ago
Half of Carnival’s U.S. Cruise Ship Fleet Back in Service
CRUISE NEWS5 days ago
Norwegian Cruise Line Announces Final Episode of EMBARK Web Series
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Royal Caribbean Announces Protocols For Remainder of October