Previously a Military Appreciation Gathering with special events for those and families of those who served, Carnival Cruise Line recently announced extending its festivities to a full day.
Military Appreciation Day is now offered on all North American sailings. This special event has been expanded to include a day-long celebration to honor our military. During selected days, guests will hear related announcements from their Captain and Cruise Directors. There will also be corresponding messages on the screens of the Carnival Seaside Theater.
For itineraries that are longer than four days, a huge U.S. flag will be proudly displayed in the ship’s atrium.
During the event, guests can learn about Operation Homefront and donate to the organization committed to supporting military families. Passengers can also buy group photos where a percentage of the profits will be donated to Operation Homefront.
Meanwhile, military guests can look forward to special perks:
- The service personnel will be awarded special pins, while the veteran with the longest service will be given a special hero coin.
- The traditional monthly raffle that rewards military members with a free cruise will continue.
- Military guests can attend a Veterans Meet and Greet in the Heroes Tribute Lounge.
- The dining room has a Veteran’s Table for their exclusive use.
- They have a special beer named after them: the Heroes American Pale Ale. It is available aboard ships with breweries, namely Carnival Celebration, Carnival Panorama, Mardi Gras, Carnival Vista, and Carnival Horizon.
Carnival President Christine Duffy stated that the expanded festivities will allow the company to pay tribute to military personnel further. “Carnival already carries more active and retired military service members than any other cruise line, and we are proud that our new Military Appreciation Day will serve as an incredible salute to military service members and their families,” she said.