Carnival Cruise Line is raising the price at their specialty steakhouses this summer, up from $30 per person to $35. The increase went into effect June 3, but for guests sailing in June and July, Carnival is honoring the $30 surcharge.
In a statement from Carnival, “The increase was necessitated as a result of higher food costs and is consistent with other alternative restaurant charges within the cruise industry. This is the first fee increase for the steakhouses in several years.”
“Geesh all this fuss about a $5 increase, the first in almost 10 years… Whatever if you don’t want to pay it don’t go and have your steak in the MDR [Main Dining Room],” said Cruise Critic member Monalis.
Thirteen Carnival ships currently feature steakhouses: Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Breeze.
A steakhouse will also be included as part of the extensive refit of the Carnival Destiny in April 2013.
The Lawn Club Grill which debuted on Celebrity Silhouette hiked its rate last fall from $30 to $40 dollars per person.
Photo: Andy Newman/Carnival
Subscribe to our Cruise News Updates.
- Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
- Why We Cruise Wednesday: Sunsets
- Carnival Adds Fourth Cruise Ship to Galveston
- Second Cruise Line Announces Top-Deck Roller Coaster
- Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 6, 2019
- Cruise Line Starts Construction on 249th Ship
- Royal Caribbean Names Fifth Oasis-Class Cruise Ship
- Cruise Line Takes Fee-Based Priority Program Fleetwide
- Do These Angry Cruise Passengers Deserve A Full Refund?
- Cruise Podcast: Celebrity Infinity 2019 Med Review + News
CRUISE NEWS2 days ago
Second Cruise Line Announces Top-Deck Roller Coaster
CRUISE NEWS1 day ago
Carnival Adds Fourth Cruise Ship to Galveston
CRUISE NEWS3 days ago
Cruise Radio News Brief | Week of October 6, 2019
CRUISE NEWS4 hours ago
Popular Royal Caribbean Ship Leaving Fleet
EDITORIAL6 hours ago
Why We Cruise Wednesday: Sunsets